+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dagnall and Lowe out for weeks?

There is still time to recover the team performances if we change manager now . If not I fear we will slide slowly down the league and be looking at the trap door as we have done in the past.The board need to be brave and give a new manager a blank sheet. That is what they did with DG and it worked . They just need to find the right man with the right ideas and go for it .

We have had two of the longest serving managers over the last 25 years or more but, whilst I like the idea of keeping with your manager there comes a time when a change is needed. I agree with Proggs. The stats are truly awful; since the start of the 2013-14 season I think we have won just 39 out of 153 league games (that’s only just 25%). Add to this some awful FA Cup and League Cup results.
    Such a sequence of poor results must have a profound long term effect; there are 3 years’ worth of youngsters who might have supported The Alex if they’d seen them win a few times, or play attractive football, but how many have been put off for life and decided to support a big club instead? We all need a little bit of success to keep us going. As for a new manager, my best bet (Bignot) has gone to Grimsby and I’ve not much idea of who else could do the job. Could Proggs do worse?

Well Proggs has volunteered to do the job on half the money, so that would leave £40k to go and buy the big target man we need as there is no more money in the kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Well Proggs has volunteered to do the job on half the money, so that would leave £40k to go and buy the big target man we need as there is no more money in the kitty.
    I think I could match 1 win in 10 for 40k lads

Ryan Lowe could do it with James C. They need a leader to motivate, inspire and release them.

I wondered how long it would take you to bite lol

Perhaps you could give your team and formation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12