+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the trumpmeister brings home the bacon

Let's all kumbiyah my lord together because it's the end of the world. As we know it.

Hope he keeps his promises, that'll be funny.

The yanks crashed the Canadian immigration website on Tuesday,seems we might get an influx of American refugees.

I think we should build a big wall,a really big wall to keep them out but being Canada we'll accept them but not the rednecks.

I can't believe the yanks were so stupid,bad news for Canada because they are our biggest trading partner and the USA economy is going to tank under trump.

"I never want to be, I am not prepared to be, a politician that maintains a diplomatic silence in the face of attitudes of racism, ***ism, misogyny or intolerance of any kind.
    "I hope that president-elect Trump turns out to be a president very different to the kind of candidate he was and reaches out to those who felt vilified by his campaign.
    "But people of progressive opinion the world over, I think, do have to stand up for the values of tolerance and respect for diversity and difference."

Nicola Sturgeon Scotland's First Minister Nov10 2016.

A Woman of principle and integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    "I never want to be, I am not prepared to be, a politician that maintains a diplomatic silence in the face of attitudes of racism, ***ism, misogyny or intolerance of any kind.
    "I hope that president-elect Trump turns out to be a president very different to the kind of candidate he was and reaches out to those who felt vilified by his campaign.
    "But people of progressive opinion the world over, I think, do have to stand up for the values of tolerance and respect for diversity and difference."

Nicola Sturgeon Scotland's First Minister Nov10 2016.

A Woman of principle and integrity.

How does China match up to all her strong principles ?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post

How does China match up to all her strong principles ?

They don't match up very well to be honest. But she did say this on a trade visit to China last year.

“One of the guiding principles of our engagement with China is respect for human rights and the rule of law. I also believe that economic growth and equality are two sides of the same coin. That is why I will be speaking about women’s rights and the benefits equality can bring to the economy – both here in Scotland and for China.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...hina-1-3837769

Perhaps you should ask the British Government that question before the Chinese start on the huge investment that is the building of Hinkley point. Or maybes ask them about the Saudis human rights. Sturgeon stood by her principles about Trump unlike the groveling May or Johnston. You are very lucky to have her as your First Minister Redscot.

They don't match up very well to be honest. But she did say this on a trade visit to China last year.

“One of the guiding principles of our engagement with China is respect for human rights and the rule of law. I also believe that economic growth and equality are two sides of the same coin. That is why I will be speaking about women’s rights and the benefits equality can bring to the economy – both here in Scotland and for China.”

Perhaps you should ask the British Government that question before the Chinese start on the huge investment that is the building of Hinkley point. Or maybes ask them about the Saudis human rights. Sturgeon stood by her principles about Trump unlike the groveling May or Johnston. You are very lucky to have her as your First Minister Redscot.

I take it China have changed everything to meet with Nicola's statement on a trade visit?

As for asking the British Government....what does that have to do with Nicola's double standards ?

Talking about principles...i see Salmond is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post

I take it China have changed everything to meet with Nicola's statement on a trade visit?

As for asking the British Government....what does that have to do with Nicola's double standards ?

Talking about principles...i see Salmond is all over the place.
    Spread the love man. Spread the love x

What a load of nonsense and whatabouttery Stewarty. The statement(s) were hypocrisy at its very worst.
    The Chinese have binned the deal anyway, as they recognise that it wasn't a good agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    What a load of nonsense and whatabouttery Stewarty. The statement(s) were hypocrisy at its very worst.
    The Chinese have binned the deal anyway, as they recognise that it wasn't a good agreement.
    Every Country in the world are falling over themselves to trade with the Chinese.. Hairdrier. But not every country raises the issues of human rights with them Sturgeon did. Not sure how you see that as hypocrisy. Anyway The Chinese scrapped the agreement, specifically citing all the hostile criticism by the opposition parties and the unionist media.

Edit.. As for whataboutery these are some of the same Yoons who kicked up a fuss about the "Scottish deal" but are happy for billions of Chinese investment at Hinkley point... Now that's real Hypocrisy.
    Last edited by stewarty27; 11-11-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)