+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attack and defence

Unhappy Attack and defence

According to the current managerial set up when we don't score it's the fault of the two strikers. When we concede its the fault of the defenders. Obviously from this point of view the midfield have little responsibility. Yet, I would suggest, that is where our problems lie. Hollands is covering the defence. George and Alex are out wide (but coming inside when attacking) this means that the remaining central midfielder has a hell of a lot of ground to cover between the two penalty boxes. James Jones tries but it must be exhausting. Further, the opposition often have greater numbers (and they are more mobile!!) and so what chance do we have to relieve the defence or set up new attacks.

So...should we pursuing a 442 a 433 a 532/352 or what. Or then again does it make any difference cos the current management set up takes no notice anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    According to the current managerial set up when we don't score it's the fault of the two strikers. When we concede its the fault of the defenders. Obviously from this point of view the midfield have little responsibility. Yet, I would suggest, that is where our problems lie. Hollands is covering the defence. George and Alex are out wide (but coming inside when attacking) this means that the remaining central midfielder has a hell of a lot of ground to cover between the two penalty boxes. James Jones tries but it must be exhausting. Further, the opposition often have greater numbers (and they are more mobile!!) and so what chance do we have to relieve the defence or set up new attacks.

So...should we pursuing a 442 a 433 a 532/352 or what. Or then again does it make any difference cos the current management set up takes no notice anyway?
    I thought we were playing4-4-2

It appears to me that we are using precisely the same tactics of last season. The tactics which ended with our shameful relegation. Virtually all our supporters well before Christmas knew that without new tactics relegation was a certainty. Only two people were blissfully unaware, Steve Davis and James Collins. At the end of it they said that they had learned from their mistakes. Obiously they have not. They continue sticking to the same absurd tactics.

For me they have to change these crazy tactics immediately. If they do not then they leave themselves vulnerable, The solution would be that Steve Davis and James Collins have to go.