+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mentally weak?

Mentally weak?

1 win in many. Few goals scored, always seem to concede.

How did we lose today? They weren't that good, though the game was ok to watch.

It is like the pen miss led a signal saying "oh, here we go, we'll lose now..."

For me it is the mind-set, I mean we have so many attacking players but we score so few - usually 1.

Today we have all those attacking players on the pitch and in 2nd 45 they created nothing to resemble a goal - how? Why?

It is a poor league!!!

Be honest, they're a good side, they must be, running away with it as they are.
    But any team would get a lift from a missed pen, not just the leaders. It just so happens we miss more than most and therefore give a boost to more than most.

You're right, it must be a poor league because we are up to 6th!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Be honest, they're a good side, they must be, running away with it as they are.
    But any team would get a lift from a missed pen, not just the leaders. It just so happens we miss more than most and therefore give a boost to more than most.

You're right, it must be a poor league because we are up to 6th!!
    No. I didn't think they were good. We outplayed them for 40 mins, typical us for their equaliser - can't defend.

Then the usual, opp change 2nd half and we can't cope tactically. Even 2nd half, two average sides. Don't remember much keeper action from either.

What a league! Only in League Poo could you lose and climb

They could still be good, even though outplayed for a while by Crewe. Crewe can be good too, and have been, at times, this season - more often, already, than last season. They've also come from behind a few times this season, which happened rarely, if at all, last season; so maybe not so 'mentally weak'?

When you say 'two average sides', Proggs, what exactly do you mean? Within the context of League Two, one is top, and the other sixth, so both are surely 'above average'? League Two is obviously not as good as League One, but sometimes people said, even over the last three seasons, that League One was 'poor', or even 'average', which, quite frankly, is a meaningless phrase.

Yesterday, Crewe were better than the top team for a good while; they perhaps surprised Plymouth with their tactics; Plymouth adjusted, and shaded the second half. They have fast players who chase 'lost causes', and counter-attack effectively. It was agood game, but, frustratingly for us, Crewe lost.

They can do better, and if they're knocked out of the cup and pick up very few points in the next three league games, then yes, that's surely not good enough, but, for now they're in the play-off positions.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    They could still be good, even though outplayed for a while by Crewe. Crewe can be good too, and have been, at times, this season - more often, already, than last season. They've also come from behind a few times this season, which happened rarely, if at all, last season; so maybe not so 'mentally weak'?

When you say 'two average sides', Proggs, what exactly do you mean? Within the context of League Two, one is top, and the other sixth, so both are surely 'above average'? League Two is obviously not as good as League One, but sometimes people said, even over the last three seasons, that League One was 'poor', or even 'average', which, quite frankly, is a meaningless phrase.

Yesterday, Crewe were better than the top team for a good while; they perhaps surprised Plymouth with their tactics; Plymouth adjusted, and shaded the second half. They have fast players who chase 'lost causes', and counter-attack effectively. It was agood game, but, frustratingly for us, Crewe lost.

They can do better, and if they're knocked out of the cup and pick up very few points in the next three league games, then yes, that's surely not good enough, but, for now they're in the play-off positions.
    An inexperienced team performed very well against the top team in the division. There was very little to criticise yesterday. Coopers penalty was a shocker but the lad won't need telling that. And to his credit his head didn't drop afterwards. Nugent looked competent when pushed up front and gave as good as he got in the pushing and shoving department. Much to feel positive about in my opinion

You would think that ten years training and coaching should enable someone to score a goal from 12 yards from the Pen spot. The fact that we are so poor at doing that year in and year out suggests something is missing..and it could well be mental toughness and its to suggest that the other team 'wanted it' more than us is surely a condemnation of the management staff. And always should be. Or are we making excuses because they are young kids? I don't think it is...Its all down to the how they are 'coached' and agree that Ryan Lowe without coaching badges would do a far better job on is own and so that would save a few quid for another signing. Why they need TWO or three on the touchline in Div4 is beyond me...

The fact is that one win in ten games still leaves us in the play off spot shows clearly its a VERY poor league and is covering the backsides of the management once again.

Mike, perhaps you and Proggs should be named as joint managers, that's if you can split into two or even get Itwasin to help with the coaching !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The fact is that one win in ten games still leaves us in the play off spot shows clearly its a VERY poor league .....

Why is League 2 always singled out for criticism?
    What about the Northern Premier League Division One South?
    Or the Southern League Division One South & West?
    Or the Scottish Premier League??

Sorry Timmy58 but after Cooper had missed the penalty and had the shot that hit the cross bar he disappeared totally from the match . Nugent up front caused all sorts of problems for the defenders and all SD had to do was make sure our strikers were around him to pick up the balls he headed down . Guess what this did not happen and Plymouth got away with it when on the rack. Udoh should have come off at half time and I feel that Saunders is not the answer , he is not showing signs of improvement and needs to drop to a lower league to get his game going.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Mike, perhaps you and Proggs should be named as joint managers, that's if you can split into two or even get Itwasin to help with the coaching !!!!
    Lol Unfair!!

I'm not moaning, I am giving my opinion, and replying to Somerset in a conversation.

It's great that we all have conversational opinions, and can share them.

For me it is a results business (and I quote our Chairman....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast