+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Referendum anomalies,

Referendum anomalies,

Strange one this.

During the independence referendum the constituency of East Dunbartonshire returned 79,000 voters as having turned out. This was supposed to represent 81% turnout.

That would put the complete number at 96,000 approximately.

The actual number of voters registered on the electoral roll, according to the most recent records, was actually just under 67,000.

Now whilst 16 and 17 year old were given the vote can that account for 29,000 extra votes? That's almost half the total number on the voters roll.

So around 29,000 kids at schools voted on independence?

Do any of these numbers strike anyone else as odd? That a single demographic group with a range of just TWO years, should represent a full third of the electorate? Because this is what these figures are telling me.

The first referendum ballot papers were destroyed, except for records of the votes for yes and no, and the turnout. But these turnout numbers far exceed what I expected to see especially when we KNOW what the voters roll was just before 2014.

For the numbers of 16 and 17 year olds from three small towns to exceed 29,000 seems to me to be deeply suspect.

Arithmetic was not my strong suit at school but do 15,000 kids leave 5th year in East Dunbartonshire every year?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Strange one this.

During the independence referendum the constituency of East Dunbartonshire returned 79,000 voters as having turned out. This was supposed to represent 81% turnout.

That would put the complete number at 96,000 approximately.

The actual number of voters registered on the electoral roll, according to the most recent records, was actually just under 67,000.

Now whilst 16 and 17 year old were given the vote can that account for 29,000 extra votes? That's almost half the total number on the voters roll.

So around 29,000 kids at schools voted on independence?

Do any of these numbers strike anyone else as odd? That a single demographic group with a range of just TWO years, should represent a full third of the electorate? Because this is what these figures are telling me.

The first referendum ballot papers were destroyed, except for records of the votes for yes and no, and the turnout. But these turnout numbers far exceed what I expected to see especially when we KNOW what the voters roll was just before 2014.

For the numbers of 16 and 17 year olds from three small towns to exceed 29,000 seems to me to be deeply suspect.

Arithmetic was not my strong suit at school but do 15,000 kids leave 5th year in East Dunbartonshire every year?
    Its hard to believe someone as thick as you has access to post this shyte.

Yassssssssssssssssssssss ! knew the money thief loudmouth wouldn't be able to resist this one. played the an auld fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Yassssssssssssssssssssss ! knew the money thief loudmouth wouldn't be able to resist this one. played the an auld fiddle.
    Wee Willie has realised his latest cut and paste job is factually wrong....and now claims it was fishing

Is he sir Wlater in disguise

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)