+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whole game solutions statement

We are messing around with the rules way too much for my liking. Some things need tweeking and goal line tech need to be brought in even maybe the 4th referee . But messing around with shorter half's ,this stupid checkatrade trophy and altering the offside rule every 2 years is getting ridiculous now . The game has evolved like all sports do. The goal tech and the 4th ref with the replays are imho a good idea .But lets not get silly with the alterations fans will go less and everybody will suffer.

Tbf pokermiller the 3rd best cup competition was dying on its arse.
    It needed a shake up/something different to the other two.
    I hope it's a success and brings a bit of love back into the cup games.

To be honest it's just another example of premier league power...premier league clubs buy every young promising player, stick them in academies, or U18 squads, or U21 squads, and then need them to play, so they create this kind of rule change to accommodate them. The probem is the premier league weilding way too much power, while putting nothing back into the game in real terms, premier leauge, built for greed.
    I'll say again, and have said many many times, whilever we allow it, the premier legue will do as it pleases, English football will continue to decline, and we'll win nothing, absolutely nothing. For long enough i've banged this drum, there's no technical difference between English/Spanish/German/Belgian 16 year olds...the difference comes when our youngsters get farmed out on loan they cannot continue to learn, they're playing against inferior players and drop to their standard, in other country's, notable Germany, their youngsters play, continue to flourish, and are better players for it......

According to yeovil website.
    Group games to be played
    Tue 29th august
    Tue 3rd October
    Tue 7th November

29th Aug at NYS Man City U21's.

We play chesterfield at NYS on the 3rd Oct so guess that leaves Bradford on the 7th November

Its a no from me...do they think we're totally thick or what?...theyll be widening the post's next...

Anything to freshen up a dying cup game then I'm willing to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    29th Aug at NYS Man City U21's.
    Nope, it's now 15th Aug 7pm KO

Don't care I'm not going

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123