+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    FERGIE ??? That just proves the fact you're a blue nose Albertz
    Never. Fergie could be Sir Alex or......?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    The only Fergie I've heard of has long ginger hair and likes getting her toes sucked
    Would that be Prince Andrew's ex-wife and mother of Beatrice and Eugenie?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Neil Scally & Barry Smith also interviewed
    At least three in the frame.

What's the odds for Victoria Thomson?

No real rush, then?

There's more than a hint of what or rather who the club are looking for.

However, here are no givens in football, - it is the one business where you cannot guarantee success even if you throw lots of money and arguably the world's best manager into the equation, - just look at Man Utd for example.

One thing the new manager could and should do though is to increase the fitness levels, so that our squad are on a level playing field with (or rather above) their competitors. I know I've harped on about this before, but I believe it gives the players a psychological advantage; - if they know they are fitter than the opposition they are immediately in the ascendancy and they can work at 100% for the full 90 minutes, - knowing the other team will eventually crack under the pressure. That is why Celtic (for example) score so many late goals.

There is one thing for sure, jardi; it is very much easier to win when you have oodles more money than any of your competitors. Why do you think that Celtic are so dominant in Scottish football but are now pygmies in European football? Because they have a budget that dwarfs the budgets of other clubs in Scotland but which is dwarfed by other clubs in Europe. Just in case you throw at me the example of Leicester City, let me remind you that like all clubs in the English Premiership they benefit from tens of millions of pounds from BT and Sky as well as being owned by a Thai Chinese billionaire who could afford to buy each of eigh**** of his players a BMW costing £100,000. Money is the overriding factor for success in football which is why Queens will never be a major force in Scottish football.
    Why would Queen of the South wish to appoint Barry Ferguson as manager? He is another from the manager merry go round. What has he achieved as a manager? He had a very brief period as caretaker manager at Blackpool before moving two years ago to Clyde where he has been not exactly an outstanding success. Let us not forget that Barry Ferguson was one of the players who were most resistant when Paul le Guen attempted to change the culture that existed at Ibrox when he was appointed manager at Glasgow Rangers: and let us not forget that it was Barry Ferguson who let Scotland down by going on a drunken spree when he was with the national squad at the Loch Lomond Hotel. What was his reaction to that? He sat on the bench shamefully and shamelessly making a disparaging gesture at the TV cameras in the full knowledge that he was making the gesture at you, at me and at every Scottish fan who was watching. Barry Ferguson? Thanks, but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    There is one thing for sure, jardi; it is very much easier to win when you have oodles more money than any of your competitors. Why do you think that Celtic are so dominant in Scottish football but are now pygmies in European football? Because they have a budget that dwarfs the budgets of other clubs in Scotland but which is dwarfed by other clubs in Europe. Just in case you throw at me the example of Leicester City, let me remind you that like all clubs in the English Premiership they benefit from tens of millions of pounds from BT and Sky as well as being owned by a Thai Chinese billionaire who could afford to buy each of eigh**** of his players a BMW costing £100,000. Money is the overriding factor for success in football which is why Queens will never be a major force in Scottish football.
    Why would Queen of the South wish to appoint Barry Ferguson as manager? He is another from the manager merry go round. What has he achieved as a manager? He had a very brief period as caretaker manager at Blackpool before moving two years ago to Clyde where he has been not exactly an outstanding success. Let us not forget that Barry Ferguson was one of the players who were most resistant when Paul le Guen attempted to change the culture that existed at Ibrox when he was appointed manager at Glasgow Rangers: and let us not forget that it was Barry Ferguson who let Scotland down by going on a drunken spree when he was with the national squad at the Loch Lomond Hotel. What was his reaction to that? He sat on the bench shamefully and shamelessly making a disparaging gesture at the TV cameras in the full knowledge that he was making the gesture at you, at me and at every Scottish fan who was watching. Barry Ferguson? Thanks, but no thanks.
    I can see your points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Amen to that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)