+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Food critics

O/T Food critics

What a load of pretentious bollux.
    Not only do these charlatans claim to work, they also manage to scrounge a free meal wherever they go.

I can tell if fish is undercooked, pork is overcooked or if there is too much or too less seasoning in a "dish".

This is what our taste buds are for.

These parasites make an extremely good living out of giving an opinion on food.

An opinion ffs.

Where's '55 when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    What a load of pretentious bollux.
    Not only do these charlatans claim to work, they also manage to scrounge a free meal wherever they go.

I can tell if fish is undercooked, pork is overcooked or if there is too much or too less seasoning in a "dish".

This is what our taste buds are for.

These parasites make an extremely good living out of giving an opinion on food.

An opinion ffs.

Where's '55 when you need him?
    If you're watching Masterchef: The professionals that's on BBC2 now, i often wonder if these food critics can cook to the same standard as those giving them a free meal.

The chef's are given a time limit to get their dishes done, often rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    If you're watching Masterchef: The professionals that's on BBC2 now, i often wonder if these food critics can cook to the same standard as those giving them a free meal.

The chef's are given a time limit to get their dishes done, often rushed.
    Yeah, I, erm, just happened to switch over and it was on

It's the same as film or music critics.

How is that classed as a job?

1. Go watch a film.

2. Give your opinion on said film.

3. Get paid handsomely for opinion.

4. Repeat until very rich.

When I watch a film I'll make my own choice whether I like it or not.

When I eat I'll decide whether I enjoyed the meal or not.

To$$ers.

I'm with Newcy on this. Who decides these pretentious knobs have an opinion that should be heeded anyway?

That lass on Masterchef, skinny bird...Tracey summat or other - she was an Arts Presenter on Newsnight for years. WTF has she got to do with food? Looks like three crumbs and a sprig of cress would give her indigestion. She can't have had a square meal in years.

Why anybody would listen to that bald, four eyed c0ckney greengrocer Greg Wallace defeats me. Who the hell cares what HE thinks??

And what really gets on my wick is when the cooks refer to each other as "chef" and shout "Yes chef!" as they bustle around the kitchen. EH???? If someone is teaching an apprentice on a building site how to build a garden wall or point some coping stones I don't expect them to respond to instructions with "Yes bricklayer!"

But I reserve real disdain for DJs. Some of these tw4ts actually think they are "stars". I well remember when you could get a Radio One DJ calendar, featuring glossy pin ups of Diddy David Hamilton, Blackburn, Savile, DLT and the rest. FFS They play records - I can do that, so can you. And we can chat about the records, just like they do. Not talented enough to be musicians themselves, but feeling self-important enough to be regarded as part of the same "scene". F*** OFF!!!

The only one I EVER rated was Kenny Everett, because he was imaginitive, original and funny.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)