+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Memory Lane

Memory Lane

I was sat in a pub in deepest Devon recently with another expat from sunny Southampton.

We were reminiscing about the halcyon days of The Dell.

There used to be an old guy who would wander around the side of the pitch with his England regalia on. Might have been linked to the England supporters, he always wore white gloves and carried some type of placard. Never aged always looked ancient but happy, permanent smile on his face.

That takes me on to someone else who was always laughing...the Laughing Paki. When I was a kid he would be where the buses used to park near Hoglands Park?
    He was obviously f*cked up, had a really bad limp, quite often got knocked over by buses but always laughing, (I think he was a pompey fan.)

This is probably late 70's time so I am guessing they are long gone, anyone else remember them or any other celebrated (or not so) characters of bygone years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockthecasbah View Post
    That takes me on to someone else who was always laughing...the Laughing Paki. When I was a kid he would be where the buses used to park near Hoglands Park?
    He was obviously f*cked up, had a really bad limp, quite often got knocked over by buses but always laughing, (I think he was a pompey fan.)
    He's still wandering the streets (and still laughing), by all accounts.

https://youtu.be/n1DAhWJAJ4o