+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Yates

Jerry Yates

Surely he would be a better option than Blackstock ATM?

Lots been said about Jerry Yates my personal opinion is shove him in midfield where he seems to thrive.

Surly

Taylor Yates vaulks Williams

Would make a great young midfield

In that case I’m glad Jackett bottled it, Yates is nowhere near good enough for championship and I don’t understand why he keeps starting games for us in L1.
    Send him out on loan to a L2 club

Only my opinion
    Last edited by millertop; 18-01-2018 at 02:03 PM.

He has a lot to bulk up on. His attempt to apply himself looks keen and something probably Warne likes to see but I too don’t think he should start over JCH. Probably good for the last 15-20 to run at defences

Yates in midfield it's like putting Taylor at Centre back. It gets better on here.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Yates in midfield it's like putting Taylor at Centre back. It gets better on here.
    Yates wins a lot of headers in midfield when he drops back and he defends well and creates chances but his finishing touch is lacking

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    In that case I’m glad Jackett bottled it, Yates is nowhere near good enough for championship and I don’t understand why he keeps starting games for us in L1.

Only my opinion
    Agreed 100% - maybe even non league where he could score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Only my opinion
    Can't disagree with that.
    I desperately want him to do well because he's one of our own but I find it difficult to see what he brings to the team at the moment.
    A run of games in a lower league team might help him develop but I'm really not sure what his ideal level would be.

He's been on the scene now for around 3 years and we're still none the wiser about what he adds to the team except a burst of pace. We all want him to succeed and be our local hero, but deep down we all know it's not going to happen. Sadly, I don't think he'd cut it in League 2 either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast