+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dobbie

No mate invariable means unchangeable so your posting made no sense !

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    What has gone wrong? Let me make a suggestion. Dobbie is 33 years old. He is not a fetcher and a carrier nor is he a runner off the ball. He needs to be supported by young, quality players, but young, quality players are in short supply at Palmerston. Look at the age profile of a typical team. Robinson is 30 years old as is Grant Anderson and Jamie Hamill; Chris Higgins is 31 years old; Andy Dowie is 33 years old; and Derek Lyle is 35 years old. On a regular basis we have a team comprising seven players who are 30 years old or more. In our last five league games we have won none, drawn none and lost five; and we have scored one goal and lost fif****. It is time that it was acknowledged that at this level Brownlie simply isn't good enough; Higgins is past his best; Dowie is a yard too slow; and it may be time to put Lyle out to pasture. If we really needed proof that we are a poor team we were provided with that proof in abundance today. The least said about today's performance the better so I shall confine my comment to this: we were bloody lucky it was only four and not four****.
    I thought Brownlie was one of our better performers yesterday. Made a couple of important tackles. Agree with other posters though, we need a manager pronto. And please god not a Rangers has been with no track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Going by the papers today while 14 may be a bit OTT Queens should really have lost at least another four as Hibee striker Boyle had a host of chances which he missed - whole scenario is turning to a shambles and God knows where he go from here !
    Of course 14 was a bit OTT - bit of hyperbole to illustrate just how far we were behind Hibs. That said, it could readily have been 8 or more: that is how big the gulf was between the two teams which is not surprising when we consider that the attendance at Easter Road yesterday was around 12,000 more than Queens can attract to Palmerston. Too many posters were carried away by our good start to the season but I have always believed that we must look behind results to form a true picture of how good or how poor a team really is. Early in the season we picked up points when we didn't deserve to do so. For example, in our first league game we were hanging on for a 1-1 draw; Hibs should have beaten us at Palmerston; and despite winning 3-1 at Paisley that game could have swung either way. In fairness, we have lost recent games (at Ayr and Kirkcaldy) when we probably deserved to come away with at least a point. However, we are now turning in too many dreadful performances (Morton, Dundee United, Hibs) with too many goals lost (thir**** in these three games) for it to be argued that we are anything other than a very poor team in need of major surgery. I am confident that we will beat Albion Rovers this coming Saturday. Our next two home league games are then against Dumbarton and Dunfermline. It is too early in the season to think that these are "must win" games but the league table may make uncomfortable viewing if we don't pick up maximum points from these two games.

Yes must wins imo and we have another midweek game in between those two on 6th December v St Mirren

No mate invariable means unchangeable so your posting made no sense !
    Didn't realise what that word meant tbh, using it in that context. Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I thought Brownlie was one of our better performers yesterday. Made a couple of important tackles. Agree with other posters though, we need a manager pronto. And please god not a Rangers has been with no track record.
    Brownlie had a couple of blips but was fairly sound. Better than Higgins, anyway. I had Robinson as man of the match, just for the fact that he kept the score down.

Yes must wins imo and we have another midweek game in between those two on 6th December v St Mirren
    I was just about to say that too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)