+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dobbie

Dobbie

What happened to dobbie today? No news on website.

Dobbie and Hamill both failed late fitness tests today .

On the subject of Dobbie , what a difference a few months make . The whole place was buzzing when he signed and everyone was on a high but now it's gone completely pear shaped .
    It quite simply go as bad as it has recently for no reason .
    Something isn't right

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post

On the subject of Dobbie , what a difference a few months make . The whole place was buzzing when he signed and everyone was on a high but now it's gone completely pear shaped .
    Something isn't right
    Something ain't right. The club should get a new manger before next Saturday or before the Dumbarton and St Mirren double header at home that will be six pointers.

Hasn't helped having key players injured like Lyle, Hilton and Tapping, to name but a few.

Queens were no doubt on a hiding to nothing today but with Skelton leaving for no explained real reason and now signing for Appleby seems strange. Has he had a set to with Thomson, although he said they had a good working relationship. Feel sorry for Robertson, ex-captain also and Queens legend.

Entire team seem to have lost all their impetus. How the team can go from 14-4 after 8 games sitting first to 15-19 after 13 games with 5 straight defeats, a record of 1 goal scored and 15 conceded is shocking.

Hopefully, get some impetus back away at Albion Rovers next weekend, with perhaps Carmichael available along with Dobbie and Hamill back too after failing late fitness tests this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post

Something isn't right
    What has gone wrong? Let me make a suggestion. Dobbie is 33 years old. He is not a fetcher and a carrier nor is he a runner off the ball. He needs to be supported by young, quality players, but young, quality players are in short supply at Palmerston. Look at the age profile of a typical team. Robinson is 30 years old as is Grant Anderson and Jamie Hamill; Chris Higgins is 31 years old; Andy Dowie is 33 years old; and Derek Lyle is 35 years old. On a regular basis we have a team comprising seven players who are 30 years old or more. In our last five league games we have won none, drawn none and lost five; and we have scored one goal and lost fif****. It is time that it was acknowledged that at this level Brownlie simply isn't good enough; Higgins is past his best; Dowie is a yard too slow; and it may be time to put Lyle out to pasture. If we really needed proof that we are a poor team we were provided with that proof in abundance today. The least said about today's performance the better so I shall confine my comment to this: we were bloody lucky it was only four and not four****.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    What has gone wrong? Let me make a suggestion. Dobbie is 33 years old. He is not a fetcher and a carrier nor is he a runner off the ball. He needs to be supported by young, quality players, but young, quality players are in short supply at Palmerston. Look at the age profile of a typical team. Robinson is 30 years old as is Grant Anderson and Jamie Hamill; Chris Higgins is 31 years old; Andy Dowie is 33 years old; and Derek Lyle is 35 years old. On a regular basis we have a team comprising seven players who are 30 years old or more. In our last five league games we have won none, drawn none and lost five; and we have scored one goal and lost fif****. It is time that it was acknowledged that at this level Brownlie simply isn't good enough; Higgins is past his best; Dowie is a yard too slow; and it may be time to put Lyle out to pasture. If we really needed proof that we are a poor team we were provided with that proof in abundance today. The least said about today's performance the better so I shall confine my comment to this: we were bloody lucky it was only four and not four****.
    Very well said, Cresswell. I hope that you don't have a personal vendetta against me. I agree with your perception of today's game and I was there to witness that performance on my first visit to Easter Road. Pickard probably the best of a bad lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    We should be able to hold our own in this league even with an ageing squad. We are in total disarray at the moment and it is ***** we find the correct man to take the helm. Unfortunately the names being banded around at the moment don't give us much hope.

Name:  Mince 2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  24.1 KB

Going by the papers today while 14 may be a bit OTT Queens should really have lost at least another four as Hibee striker Boyle had a host of chances which he missed - whole scenario is turning to a shambles and God knows where he go from here !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Going by the papers today while 14 may be a bit OTT Queens should really have lost at least another four as Hibee striker Boyle had a host of chances which he missed - whole scenario is turning to a shambles and God knows where he go from here !
    Robinson man of the match who stopped the invariable cricket score. Hopefully the new manager at the helm will turn things around. The same squad were top of the league after 8 games, so hopefully the team can get back to winning ways.

A'' what '' cricket score ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    A'' what '' cricket score ?
    Well it could have been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)