+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end?

Interesting piece by Peter Morse in the Chronicle

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/inco...ation-12246978

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Interesting piece by Peter Morse in the Chronicle

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/inco...ation-12246978
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-barry-bennell

Bennell was banned from football matches in Manchester and forcibly removed from a match by parents in Cheadle. With Hamilton-Smith's statements we now can say with certainty that Gradi and others knew about the concerns about Bennell and yet did not act. Gradi's own words explain why : 'He's (Bennell) more important to this football club than me.' So in other words he can nonce as many kids as he wants provided he keeps producing the goods. Why anyone would want to defend this behaviour or label it a media witchhunt is beyond me. You're burying your heads in the sand questioning the motives of victims or the media's attention on Crewe compared to bigger clubs. Scores maybe hundreds of kids were ***ually abused avoidably at our club because of the warped morality and greed of the leadership. That's what you should be addressing.

You're criticising this generation for 'trolls' whilst admitting that your generation conceptualised child ***ual abuse as 'an aberration.' Not to mention the fact the baby-boomers bankrupted the economy through their limitless avarice, voted for brexit condemining their children and grandchildren to an uncertain future they won't themselves endure, and removed all of the socially mobilising policies that enabled them to create their own wealth. I don't think you're in a position to criticise younger generations.

Quote Originally Posted by ojprice View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-barry-bennell

Bennell was banned from football matches in Manchester and forcibly removed from a match by parents in Cheadle. With Hamilton-Smith's statements we now can say with certainty that Gradi and others knew about the concerns about Bennell and yet did not act. Gradi's own words explain why : 'He's (Bennell) more important to this football club than me.' So in other words he can nonce as many kids as he wants provided he keeps producing the goods. Why anyone would want to defend this behaviour or label it a media witchhunt is beyond me. You're burying your heads in the sand questioning the motives of victims or the media's attention on Crewe compared to bigger clubs. Scores maybe hundreds of kids were ***ually abused avoidably at our club because of the warped morality and greed of the leadership. That's what you should be addressing.
    No we cant say that with any certainty at all.
    One mans word against several other men's words. As with Mr Woodward's timing, the motives of Mr Hamilton Smith should be questioned. He left the board under a considerable cloud following the bankruptcy of his business, and unreasonable monetary requests to fellow board members, duly refused of course. Perhaps an axe to grind? Bit of a coincidence he comes out with this now.
    Perhaps Dario was meaning that he thought Benell more important because he found young talent better than anyone else. Was a better coach etc. It does not imply anything that you have suggested re 'noncing'kids.
    Scores maybe hundreds abused.....really?
    I don't think anyone is in any way defending the behaviour of Bennell, I/we(?) are just not so naive as to believe everything we read in the media re Crewe FC knowing about the abuse. As with most things, there are more than one side to the story, most of us only get to hear what the popular press want us to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    No we cant say that with any certainty at all.
    One mans word against several other men's words. As with Mr Woodward's timing, the motives of Mr Hamilton Smith should be questioned. He left the board under a considerable cloud following the bankruptcy of his business, and unreasonable monetary requests to fellow board members, duly refused of course. Perhaps an axe to grind? Bit of a coincidence he comes out with this now.
    Perhaps Dario was meaning that he thought Benell more important because he found young talent better than anyone else. Was a better coach etc. It does not imply anything that you have suggested re 'noncing'kids.
    Scores maybe hundreds abused.....really?
    I don't think anyone is in any way defending the behaviour of Bennell, I/we(?) are just not so naive as to believe everything we read in the media re Crewe FC knowing about the abuse. As with most things, there are more than one side to the story, most of us only get to hear what the popular press want us to hear.
    Several against one - so how many accounts of the diverse groups and individuals that were aware of what Bennell was doing would be enough to alleviate your scepticism? And why are you so sceptical of the multiple people that have come out and said it was widely known what Bennell was doing and so trusting in what Dario alone says was unknown? Don't you think its naive to believe Dario given the stronger evidence not to believe him? It's the easiest thing in the world to attribute everything to media conspiracy, as alluded to by a previous poster it's the first refuge of Trump and Brexit supporters when confronted with hard evidence what they believe in is dangerous, self-defeating bull ****. If Dario, as alleged, refused to investigate or dismiss Bennell when confronted with allegations of his abuse then he is complict in what occurred - if this was because he held Bennell's football-related ability in particular esteem, as has been suggested, that makes it all the more criminal.

The question at the beginning was 'Is this the end'?

What happens if each person that was abused here instructs lawyers to sue the club for damages which could run into millions?

Then the question becomes not IF but when?

I doubt that many at the club would find it comfortable on the witness stand given all that is coming out. If nobody knew the name 'Crewe Alexandra' before, they certainly do now and so it can't be true that there is 'no such thing as bad publicity'! Dario doesn't seem to be coming out of this very well but then is that the fault of the media?

BTW this has nothing whatever to do with Brexit! That is ridiculous!

BTW...This is the bit from Peter Morse, that I found most objectionable..

"Dario is an educator. Had I made it in football (I retired through injury after two-and-a-half years as a professional aged 20 in 2000) it would have been all down to him and the club he built. "

The club he built?

Sounds like deluded hero worship to me! Could be his epitaph as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ojprice View Post
    Several against one - so how many accounts of the diverse groups and individuals that were aware of what Bennell was doing would be enough to alleviate your scepticism? And why are you so sceptical of the multiple people that have come out and said it was widely known what Bennell was doing and so trusting in what Dario alone says was unknown? Don't you think its naive to believe Dario given the stronger evidence not to believe him? It's the easiest thing in the world to attribute everything to media conspiracy, as alluded to by a previous poster it's the first refuge of Trump and Brexit supporters when confronted with hard evidence what they believe in is dangerous, self-defeating bull ****. If Dario, as alleged, refused to investigate or dismiss Bennell when confronted with allegations of his abuse then he is complict in what occurred - if this was because he held Bennell's football-related ability in particular esteem, as has been suggested, that makes it all the more criminal.
    Several against one refers to Ham Smith v everyone else on the board. If you read my post again, you should realise that was the meaning, as in reply to your post. Nothing to do with Bennell.
    Totally agree with your last sentence, but the important words were IF and ALLEDGED.

Morse needs to check that we are virtually back when Dario started except for a great ugly stand and some so called coaching facilities at RH. Oh and what the gates were here back in the 50's and 60's and what they are now? And he calls as some others do...Progress?

There speaks a man with absolutely no sense of proportion or history! How did he get such a cushy job on the Chronc?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 29-11-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast