+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is meadow lane to good for league 2 ?

It's definitely a nice day out for away teams and a ground players in League 2 probably look forward to playing at compared to some of the dumps in this league but Coventry didn't seem to find it much of a problem getting promoted last season and the Ricoh is the best stadium League 2 has ever seen.

We also had a great year in 2017 at Meadow Lane didn't we? So it wasn't an issue then

Quote Originally Posted by 1862-pie View Post
    This is the only thing I can think of for being the reason to our woeful home form over the last 5 years. Players from other clubs who are used to playing at dumps like Accrington, morecambe and Exeter etc don't usually have the privilege of playing in a nice stadium and on a nice pitch on a weekly basis, so when ever teams come to meadow lane, they up there game as the place is like Wembley to what there used to.
    Sheff united suffer with the same problem. I work with a Stoke fan and I was having this convo with him 2 weeks ago and he fully agreed to what I was saying as Stoke used to have the same problem about 12 years ago
    I think you will find that most pitches in div 2 are equally as good as ours, and in some cases actually better. Its only the surrounds that are inferior...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I think you will find that most pitches in div 2 are equally as good as ours, and in some cases actually better. Its only the surrounds that are inferior...
    Indeed, thought the pitch was pretty poor yesterday, especially in front of the Main Stand - but that's the age-old problem of no sunlight reaching the grass. Have we given up on the cannabis lighting rigs now? Or are we using them to actually grow cannabis and explore a new revenue stream?

They should definitely hand out medical marijuana as the fans come into the ground - help ease the pain of our blunt attacks a little.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234