+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is meadow lane to good for league 2 ?

Is meadow lane to good for league 2 ?

This is the only thing I can think of for being the reason to our woeful home form over the last 5 years. Players from other clubs who are used to playing at dumps like Accrington, morecambe and Exeter etc don't usually have the privilege of playing in a nice stadium and on a nice pitch on a weekly basis, so when ever teams come to meadow lane, they up there game as the place is like Wembley to what there used to.
    Sheff united suffer with the same problem. I work with a Stoke fan and I was having this convo with him 2 weeks ago and he fully agreed to what I was saying as Stoke used to have the same problem about 12 years ago

I'm not sure if playing in front of 3,000 people in a stadium that's the emptiest, percentage-wise, in the entire Football League is such an enticing prospect for a footballer, to be honest. Our stadium is probably on a par with, say, Plymouth and Portsmouth's, but it's hardly the Wembley of the East Midlands - give me the undeveloped Meadow Lane and my terrace space on the old County Road side any day.

Absolute rubbish.Pi$S poor for an excuse.Why don,t the players we sign perform then?,most have come from grounds that are "dumps"as you call them.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Absolute rubbish.Pi$S poor for an excuse.Why don,t the players we sign perform then?,most have come from grounds that are "dumps"as you call them.
    Because they have become complacent?

Quote Originally Posted by 1862-pie View Post
    Because they have become complacent?
    If they have become complacent that quick,they have the wrong attitude,but I suppose that is modern day football.
    Who is chief Scout at the club nowdays?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    If they have become complacent that quick,they have the wrong attitude,but I suppose that is modern day football.
    Who is chief Scout at the club nowdays?
    Footballers do have the wrong attitude pal in every division in every league in the world. They couldn't care if the preform or not or if they play or not as they know there going still be getting there wage at the end of the each month as they have a contract

I'd say our home form since the re development has generally been poor, hindsight says it was ridiculous building a 20,000+ capacity ground especially after selling all your best players.

Since then it has been a vicious circle of no atmosphere, poor results, low crowds, poor atmosphere.

Obviously the ground is too big for us now but the reason people generally go season after season is that the tide may turn and we could be two divisions higher.

We won't go anywhere with these clowns running the club that much is obvious the sooner they go the better, they have zero leadership qualities.

Its not worth wasting your anger on them they aren't worth it if we go down we go down there is more to life only difference being we will get hammered by Halifax / Dover instead of Barnet / Cambridge not really much difference.

The size of the ground is not a problem, the pitch is all they need to concentrate on and it's the same size for everyone...

The ground is one positive for me and where the advantage lies for Notts for people with drive and ambition who want to take the club forward. They do not need to spend vast quantities of money on the ground and it's infrastructure. It just needs maintaining.

That's got to be a big positive for someone who could then concentrate on injecting funds into the playing side.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast