+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cook will be "moving heaven and earth"....

Cook will be "moving heaven and earth"....

Portsmouth manager Paul Cook says he will "move heaven and earth" to get the club promoted from League Two.
    Cook saw his side beat Luton 3-1 at Kenilworth Road on Tuesday - a performance he labelled as the "strongest of his tenure".
    "This is a tough club to play for and manage," he told BBC Radio Solent. "The supporters dictate that, they want success like the rest of us."
    Victory lifted Pompey above Luton to fourth - two points off the top three.
    "They (the supporters) just want us to get promoted," Cook added. "I'm going to move heaven and earth to do that.
    "If we don't get promoted this year, I swear I will have done my best for them.
    "But, we're not going to get carried away. Eigh**** games in to the season and what have we won? Absolute nothing, so it's straight on to Saturday and Stevenage at home."

I hope a few of the JCL's swell the gate on Saturday. Then of course the team don't disappoint as has so often been the case.

Everyone big up and perform for Pompey - team and supporters. None of this 'big gate and quiet support' sh1t. Time to turn over the Steves.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf View Post
    Everyone big up and perform for Pompey - team and supporters. None of this 'big gate and quiet support' sh1t. Time to turn over the Steves.
    Fully agree Pompeyscarf........no more false dawns please! Let's get this Club out of this division!

It's not going to happen is it ? Many, many fans are rightly fed up with Cook's home tactics. I am Pompey through and through, I want them to win yes but I do want to be entertained. As is so often under this Clown it didn't happen today until it was far too late. I did smile at the idea we have 2 managers. A decent one for home games and Cook away.

It's incredible how stubborn Cook is - mind blowing. The game was crying out for 2 up front. And now there's a 7 point gap between us and third. A few boo's at the final whistle, but for most it's just same old same old now.

As I trudged out last night 2 younger gentlemen in front of me were discussing Cook. One said "He sets up his team here to avoid defeat". The other said "Yes agree and that's why we've now taken just 4 points from the last 5 home league games". For a starters Smith had 3 great chances yesterday with his head. One was directed too near Carson, the 2nd went wide and the 3rd did bring out a great save. Everyone knows he isn't a prolific goal scorer yet Cook persists on playing him up front without a recognised striker alongside. Roberts isn't doing the business which warrants the high wages he is on, we continually play with Rose and Doyle who are both similarly deep lying midfielders. If the stubbornness costs Cook his job sometime in the future, then so be it. The trouble is it will be us fans who will still be here, while he departs with a pay off no doubt.
    Last edited by lovedeanblue; 18-12-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Why won't he change? Why is he so stubborn - must be off his head arrogant. Seems like when he's criticised he digs in and wants to prove people wrong because he's the boss. And he's still terrible with the press - particularly Solent.

Seven points off 3rd place! What you going to do about it Cook?

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf View Post
    Why won't he change? Why is he so stubborn - must be off his head arrogant. Seems like when he's criticised he digs in and wants to prove people wrong because he's the boss. And he's still terrible with the press - particularly Solent.

Seven points off 3rd place! What you going to do about it Cook?
    Probably nothing......as you rightly state Cook comes over as a stubborn and arrogant bloke. I make no excuses I just haven't taken to the Guy.......although like most Pompey Fans I do want him and this team to succeed and get us moving in the right direction however he seems to me to be going about it in totally the wrong way. We maybe fourth in the league but strange as it may seem it doesn't feel like it to me? Does anyone else get that statement? Visiting the Park for a home game has become well quite honestly a bore........Saturday's game was another example......an opposition that has been struggling and shipping goals for fun........you just knew they were coming for a draw or worse to snatch a winner on the break or via a mistake and what did Pompey do.......the usual one up front, more defensive players on the pitch than you could count, certain player(s) that need a break continually being picked (Roberts springs to mind), your young, hungry and quick goal scorer on the bench, and a continual directive to pass the ball all over the back line, into midfield back again without much urgency and attacking threat. Oh and one more thing.......an attitude it seems of finally injecting some urgency and passion into our play in the last ten minutes of a game!

Well said Phil. Time for me to get away from Mr Cook. Happy Christmas all of you.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)