+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: genuine optimism

genuine optimism

Really beginning to feel optimistic
    back to back wins and maybe Coyle has realised Marshall is a much better bet at right back than Lowe
    Very well done today and by all accounts by the sound of it was a well deserved victory
    now huddersfield at home a tough but very winnable game
    3 wins on the spin could it happen?
    I think so

Aalreet.

Aye, it was a well-deserved win. Not one of our players performed today but you closed down well and pressed high, resulting in more high balls than I've seen in our place in a while.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Really good win that. Well deserved by all accounts. Two wins in a row.
    I still say, look at every side in the bottom 6, all sacking their manager and not improving. While we are clearly improving and have been for some time. I would much rather be us with Coyle, than Wolves with Lambert for example. No matter how much bitching went on after he was spouting off about things. It covered up the fact he was ****e. We needed to get someone in who just got on with it, as opposed to moaning about everything.Now the gloom has lifted it would be good to remember it'd be good to stick wit the lads through thick & thin. Which includes the bad times when we probably need the support the most. I'm happy for the hardcore who have stayed, and we took 1,600 today, selling out. They deserved a good day out, like the lads the 3 points after a battling win.
    Great win

We don't always see eye to eye but I agree whole heartedly
    we need to get behind the team and while I still cannot stand venkys and wish they would disappear fast we need to keep our championship status
    They need our support.

I'm still surprised all our own fans had us down for relegation? If you look back at the pre season predictions, almost everyone stated we'd finish well inside the bottom 3. And most jumped on the poor start. The exact same people chose to ignore what was happening inside the club. And now the same people (who hopefully have moved onto watching Burnley lose in the Prem most weeks, as that missing 10k have gone somewhere) aren't saying much as we have gotten 17 points from 11 games, which is actually play offs form. We never had that bad of a team, we never had that bad of a manager. What we did have was a pre season fire sale of our 2 centre halves. And the guy was given nothing to rebuild. But he's gone about rebuilding in a methodical but effective way. This improvement didn't start yesterday, it started a good while back. I'll reiterate the point, keep the faith. Even when the chips are down. That's about all you need to do as a fan. Stop looking off the pitch, that can't be changed, but we do have a chance of effecting what's goes on the pitch. By simply supporting 11 lads who currently turn out representing Blsckburn Rovers. If you could muster it up for Shearer & co when it was easy, maybe you can attempt it now. As before the season ends, we will need that support. Instead of saying 'we will lose ...I told you so' attitude I've moaned about so vocally on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aalreet.

Aye, it was a well-deserved win. Not one of our players performed today but you closed down well and pressed high, resulting in more high balls than I've seen in our place in a while.

Useless phookers ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aalreet.

Are you suggesting you were caught out by a team of hoof and hopers ?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'm still surprised all our own fans had us down for relegation? If you look back at the pre season predictions, almost everyone stated we'd finish well inside the bottom 3. And most jumped on the poor start. The exact same people chose to ignore what was happening inside the club. And now the same people (who hopefully have moved onto watching Burnley lose in the Prem most weeks, as that missing 10k have gone somewhere) aren't saying much as we have gotten 17 points from 11 games, which is actually play offs form. We never had that bad of a team, we never had that bad of a manager. What we did have was a pre season fire sale of our 2 centre halves. And the guy was given nothing to rebuild. But he's gone about rebuilding in a methodical but effective way. This improvement didn't start yesterday, it started a good while back. I'll reiterate the point, keep the faith. Even when the chips are down. That's about all you need to do as a fan. Stop looking off the pitch, that can't be changed, but we do have a chance of effecting what's goes on the pitch. By simply supporting 11 lads who currently turn out representing Blsckburn Rovers. If you could muster it up for Shearer & co when it was easy, maybe you can attempt it now. As before the season ends, we will need that support. Instead of saying 'we will lose ...I told you so' attitude I've moaned about so vocally on here.
    Champs - I've been arguing for a while that we need to separate the football from the off-the-field stuff.
    It's easy for me, though, because I don't come into it with the baggage of living in the town, and all the Burnley extras.
    For that reason, I didn't start with an automatic prejudice against Coyle. Some of his descriptions of our performances have been a bit over-the-top, but you certainly can't fault his enthusiasm. I suspect that MUST rub off on the players in the end and confidence does often flow from a leader's belief.
    If you look back over the last ten or so games, we have actually played reasonably well, but with the major problem of getting nervous in the last twenty minutes.
    I really don't believe in this poor fitness theory you see being bandied about; I reckon it's much more likely to be a kind of insecurity that becomes self-fulfilling. Even against Newcastle, it sounds as if injury-time was a bit nerve-wracking, but - having survived that - perhaps the confidence will have taken a huge boost.
    We mustn't get carried away, because - as the Magpies just saw - you can't take anything for granted, but the kind of points-tally we've seen recently would carry us to safety, which is probably as much as we can expect, this season.
    As I said on another thread, I can't help liking Coyle - despite his reputation. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he is a one hundred per-center. (A bit like you, really!)
    In terms of personality, I'd have him over Lambert, any day.
    The other thing that strikes me, from all reports, is that we might have a natural on-field leader at last: Mulgrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    Are you suggesting you were caught out by a team of hoof and hopers ?
    No, mate...I meant the high balls were from us.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Useless phookers ..
    Well......we were useless phookers yesterday, unfortunately. But-and you boys won't like it-Blackburn played well yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)