+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting interview with Gavin Skelton

Very clever interview by Gavin with just a wee hint that he maybe would have liked someone of his own choice as second in command.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Very clever interview by Gavin with just a wee hint that he maybe would have liked someone of his own choice as second in command.
    Potentially an extremely subtle article by Gavin or 100% completely innocent revealing nothing. You can certainly read into it what you wish to however not knowing the man personally it is intriguing but perhaps I will leave it to others who do know him to provide a more judged opinion.

He seems like an all round decent bloke. Hope he gets to wherever he wants to be.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, why a club our size needs a Director of Football is beyond me, and for Mr Skelton to say a working day of at least 14 hours does not impact on his home life does, not ring true for me.

"I certainly never had any problems with the players."

Suggesting that he had a problem with someone else? HMMM!!!

It appears certain individuals at the club aren't happy with criticism aimed at them but the fans aren't fooled . We know the score
    At times likes these I feel sorry for decent and respected people like Patterson & Blount

My interpretation is quite simple:

Gavin's wife is (probably) suffering post natal depression, - which is severely debilitating and takes its toll on not only the mother, but the father and the other members of the household. She has indicated that she required more support with the baby and household duties, and Gavin suddenly felt torn between his work and his family, - which almost definitely had an effect on the way he looked after the team.

Consequently, with the fading daylight hours, the PND worsened and Gavin found himself trapped in a situation that he had no control over.

On top of that, the Director of Football and Chairman have quite rightly had a word about the failing results.....and let's be absolutely clear guys, they had every right to question what the hell was going on, because the supporters were about to kick off big-time, - and Gavin has thought to himself, - if I don't do something quickly, I'm heading for a break-down.

Consequently, he has chosen 'route one football' - play or manage at his home team, and be on hand immediately if any personal crises erupt at home. In one fell swoop, he removed himself from a spiral of decline, - and we should applaud him for his personal bravery.

That is my interpretation of the situation which is absolutely acceptable from Gavin's perspective, but it has left his employers with a massive hole to fill. Gavin chose not to work a period of notice which left JT and BH with a void in the club with no prior warning, - and our sympathies should also lie with the club, - because this was something that they knew nothing about.

We the supporters are completely pissed off, because our team have been playing pathetically for the last six weeks,- and the conspiracy theorists have been having a field day, guessing that someone had to be to blame. Perhaps instead of assuming this, we should have some sympathy for the BOD and back room team at Palmerston, because it must be remembered in mid September we'd just beaten Raith 3-1 and were sitting proudly at the top of the table. At that time, the BOD like the supporters were amazed that everything was going so well, - and only an idiot would have suggested that in a few short weeks the club would have imploded.

So can we please stop having a go at the club, and instead imagine how you might deal with this situation?

The BOD need time to make the right decision about our next manager, and they certainly don't need any more smart alec's having a go!

This is the time to support QOS, - so let's hear it lads and lassies starting this Saturday!
    Last edited by jardi; 28-11-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Skelton says he sensed "about a week before" his exit that something may have been in the air. Reflecting on his spell overall at the Scottish Championship club, he adds: "I was delighted with how we started, but we probably over-achieved and, in hindsight, it would have been good to get some [extra] bodies in.

What part of the above statement don't you understand Jardi especially the first bit and the quote at the bottom that more or less confirms the rumour that the chairman denied him his own number 2 & some much needed loan signings

Wake up

I'm also pretty convinced that there's no money for some people at the club but plenty for others

Wow Jardi, unless you are one of those "in the know" then the post natal depression line is speculative at best. I`m fully behind the team but in my view Stevie Wonder could see from that interview that there were issues behind the scenes that at least contributed to Gavin moving on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)