+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting interview with Gavin Skelton

Arrol, Gavin admits that he should have brought in some loan signings. As the manager, he was the person who should have seen that situation, not anyone else, and as I have suggested his mind may have been elsewhere.

I have no inside knowledge from Gavin or anyone else, but post natal depression is much more common than people appreciate, and one of those things that no-one ever talks about. It may have had absolutely SFA to do with things, but it's a far more plausible conspiracy theory than anyone else has come up with!

Dobmeister, I alluded to the fact that there were issues behind the scenes in terms of questions being asked about what was happening on the playing field, - I for one would have been much more forthright, - I can assure you.

Gavin signed on the dotted line, - knowing that he had no number 2 of his own choosing, - no-one forced him to sign that contract, - so I simply don't buy the line that the absence of a chosen number two was the issue. There was no bleating about that from Gavin when the club were top of the league, - so I'm sorry that argument doesn't stack up.

Before anyone accuses me of being an apologist for the BOD, - I am not, - I am merely proposing an alternative view of what may or may not have happened.

One thing I am not happy with though is this: - many fans seem to forget that our BOD saved the club from oblivion just a couple of season's ago, by putting their hands in their own pockets. Too many of us forget that and are happy to have a pop at all and sundry without looking at the bigger picture.

I was very sad to see Gavin go, - he has gone for personal reasons - which can be interpreted any way you damn well like, - but he chose to leave the club and left knowing that there was a huge gap to fill by those left behind. Now whether we like it or not, that has left the club in a very difficult position, - and at the very least, if there were faults at all, - then there were faults on both sides.

Jardi thanks for your response.
    I`ll probably leave the topic now (at least until the next time I post on it!) as it has the tendency to generate more heat than light.
    In terms of stability of the club I agree the BOD have done a tremendous job in really difficult fiscal times. No argument from me on that one. I just have an unease that things aint right behind the scenes. I could of course be completely wrong but the feeling remains nonetheless.

Jim Thomson's new role seems to be upsetting loads of people . Heard he recently signed a player for the u13's much to the disgust of the coaches and parents of the 13's
    His new position isn't working IMO

More tittle tattle

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Before anyone accuses me of being an apologist for the BOD, - I am not, - I am merely proposing an alternative view of what may or may not have happened.
    You're our version of Comical Ali.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)