+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting interview with Gavin Skelton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting interview with Gavin Skelton

Gavin Skelton: I love the game, but it doesn't owe me a job http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/G...pW9fRs.twitter

Plenty subtle hints who the problem is/was

How much longer will the club take to appoint Gavin's successor?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    How much longer will the club take to appoint Gavin's successor?
    i would rather the club took their time to ensure the right inspirational manager was appointed rather than be rushed and end up with a journeyman. The article is interesting because if it finished halfway through then it was purely home life that caused Skelton to quit Queens however it does go on to suggest that the talk with the Chairman after the Dundee united game was pivotal to the decision and then suggests that he was uncomfortable with the lack of an assistant manager having never worked with a Director of Football (JT) before. As to why he even mentions Mrs JT then that is anybodies guess and I am sure that the conspirators will have a field day with this.
    However this is now water under the bridge and we must move on and appoint the correct person to guide this squad of players and get them back to how they were playing a couple of months ago. Mon the South

Interesting interview but so much for the statement that neither party would be commenting further re the reasons for him leaving

Unfortunately ( for them) doesn't seem much for the conspiracy theorists to sink their fangs into regarding JT or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Unfortunately ( for them) doesn't seem much for the conspiracy theorists to sink their fangs into regarding JT or anything else.
    I`m not so sure JR. I read it as that there were more issues than just Skelton`s situation re travel, new baby etc. It`s odd than Mrs T get`s a mention at all other than perhaps as an oblique reference re one of the issues. The article probably won`t convince most folk one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post

Read it again JR

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I`m not so sure JR. I read it as that there were more issues than just Skelton`s situation re travel, new baby etc. It`s odd than Mrs T get`s a mention at all other than perhaps as an oblique reference re one of the issues. The article probably won`t convince most folk one way or the other.
    I'm not sure any manager would want to come in only for others to interfere with their business .

Skelton has been very clever with that interview

Names were mentioned but those mentioned weren't implicated in anything untoward. Maybe people just get different interpretations in reading exactly the same piece. I wish Gavin all the best in the future and as he says " manager's and players come and go " . Let's draw the line under this , clear the slate and back our team from now on in. We , the Queens supporters and some of the guys running us are the only real constants Qos have . This fact doesn't seem to change in any age.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-11-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)