+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Perfect Storm

The Perfect Storm

How was that song by Gerry goes ""When you walk through a Storm hold your head up high"" I thinks quite a few of this Crewe Management will be holding there heads in there hands right now!!

I mean 4-0 is that acceptable or the norm now,do Cooper and Saunders know its ok to score a goal now and again,but if thats the Best the Academy can produce. Who the hell is going to buy them? it will be Buy One get One Free!

Not to worry mind DG Says Its not the League position that is important its the ACADEMY ohh great Super Smashing how out of touch is he! No wonder team suffers when you get Directors saying that.

This is the 4th year where the Season is over before CHRISTMAS everyone happy with that.

Given what is now engulfing the Club, I do not see SD being sacked. The Board has found it hard enough to sack him while there is nothing else going on. Getting rid of SD now just adds to the instability, and I think that, even if the Board can agree it is time for SD to go, he will not go until the media furore has dampened down.

Don't get me wrong, I have wanted him out for a couple of seasons and never believed we would finish any higher than mid-table this season. That said, I had thought that, with the squad we have, we would have played much better rather than looking mediocre in most games against mainly average opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    This is the 4th year where the Season is over before CHRISTMAS everyone happy with that.

If it were true, no .......but .......!!

Like above

We're just outside the playoffs, how on earth is our season over!!!
    Last edited by thnhouse; 28-11-2016 at 12:09 PM.

We have a squad worthy of the playoff spots, but not the manager capable of organising and galvanising the talent we have. That said, he will not be fired anytime soon. The season is certainly not over yet. Further displays of mediocrity like that witnessed at Colchester and Wycombe could see us drifting down the table and anxiety rising over a relegation battle. Mid-table obscurity was my prediction at the start of the season and who knows how the remainder of the season will unfold.