+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this it then....

Is this it then....

...the death of Owlsmad?, finally bit the dust after a good few months teetering on the edge...shame really, it was a great forum ten tears ago, some reyt characters, anyway I guess things move on.

To all the great posters that have passed through here over the years I wish you well, spose I'll still pop by & see if owts appenin...till then, see yer later fellow Owls.

aussie

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    ...the death of Owlsmad?, finally bit the dust after a good few months teetering on the edge...shame really, it was a great forum ten tears ago, some reyt characters, anyway I guess things move on.

To all the great posters that have passed through here over the years I wish you well, spose I'll still pop by & see if owts appenin...till then, see yer later fellow Owls.

aussie

Been really busy of late but would be a shame to see back of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    Been really busy of late but would be a shame to see back of this forum.
    I have a fair idea what the answers will be but what do you think has caused the numbers to dwindle so much lately?

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    I have a fair idea what the answers will be but what do you think has caused the numbers to dwindle so much lately?
    I think one reason is the overwhelming popularity of Owlstalk among Wednesday fans....also, after the 'Mind the Gap' season pretty much all Blades bar Katch stopped coming on here, most forums of this nature need a bit of banter to keep it interesting so the Blades abandoning ship hasn't helped...it's a real shame cos I love the footymad format, I still post every now & then next door, they love it really.. but yeah, I think this place is pretty much finished now.

I think one reason is the overwhelming popularity of Owlstalk among Wednesday fans....also, after the 'Mind the Gap' season pretty much all Blades bar Katch stopped coming on here, most forums of this nature need a bit of banter to keep it interesting so the Blades abandoning ship hasn't helped...it's a real shame cos I love the footymad format, I still post every now & then next door, they love it really.. but yeah, I think this place is pretty much finished now.
    Completely agree about the rivalry thing, not having the blunts to converse with has made it much quieter, sad that they hide under a rock when their team is struggling. Don't recall us doing that in the early 2000's when we were at a low ebb and they were on the up.

Owlstalk obviously continues to grow and grow but it has always been the biggest Wednesday forum anyway. Do you think the increase in intrusive adverts has put people off?

Completely agree about the rivalry thing, not having the blunts to converse with has made it much quieter, sad that they hide under a rock when their team is struggling. Don't recall us doing that in the early 2000's when we were at a low ebb and they were on the up.

Owlstalk obviously continues to grow and grow but it has always been the biggest Wednesday forum anyway. Do you think the increase in intrusive adverts has put people off?

Absolutely, may even have been the final straw, I never use this site on a phone or similar, it's just about impossible, other footymad boards are thriving though so it's not just that, there are some big clubs whose forums on footymad have been dead for years or were never popular in the first place.

Absolutely, may even have been the final straw, I never use this site on a phone or similar, it's just about impossible, other footymad boards are thriving though so it's not just that, there are some big clubs whose forums on footymad have been dead for years or were never popular in the first place.
    I agree mate, some footymad sites have never had a forum to speak of at all, some like ours have had a decent core following to keep them going but have never been the number 1 for their team and some have always been the best forum for their team and so have seen off competition but I still think even these have seen a decline in numbers.

For those like ours the ads have forced them to look elsewhere and they have found forums that don't have the rivalry between clubs like footymad has had but are easy to access.

I agree mate, some footymad sites have never had a forum to speak of at all, some like ours have had a decent core following to keep them going but have never been the number 1 for their team and some have always been the best forum for their team and so have seen off competition but I still think even these have seen a decline in numbers.

For those like ours the ads have forced them to look elsewhere and they have found forums that don't have the rivalry between clubs like footymad has had but are easy to access.

This site was never the most popular but had a good base of posters. The site itself seems to have done everything possible to put people off posting and made it almost impossible to view on a phone (which most people use nowadays to post).
    I know that I didn't post for ages because of that so the occasional visitor isn't going to bother.
    The pigs site was really thriving at one time but is a shadow of its former self now, all down to the adverts etc.

This site was never the most popular but had a good base of posters. The site itself seems to have done everything possible to put people off posting and made it almost impossible to view on a phone (which most people use nowadays to post).
    I know that I didn't post for ages because of that so the occasional visitor isn't going to bother.
    The pigs site was really thriving at one time but is a shadow of its former self now, all down to the adverts etc.
    Exactly. Technology has advanced, things are done quicker, mobiles are the main tool to use for digital content now, but at the same time the footymad forums have become more difficult to use, are covered in adverts that you have to remove to view the content properly and it takes longer to view the forums than it does to type a new message.
    People will stop coming back if they are continually frustrated by this and there are easier to use alternatives out there.

Spot on Banno......Takes me an age, just to log in....Then when I attempt to post, it still tells me to log in..and the post is sometimes lost....Adverts constantly pop up...And it scrolls about, incessantly. .which makes your thumb miss its target....Can't be ar$ed....Its a joke....Well done to the turd$ responsible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)