+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this it then....

Footymad was set up as a way for fans of all football clubs to easily interact, debate and/or wind up. The problem with that is the amount of maintenance and running costs that comes with hosting a forum of this size.

I appreciate that adverts are needed to keep these sorts of things free, but Footymad went way over the top with it and it’s got to the point where I’ll only come on here through my laptop with *******er (Love how they've banned the name of the software ) enabled – and I’m like most others on here in that mobile is now my preferred way to browse the internet.

Near enough every website will look to generate revenue through advertising, affiliate links and product sales etc., but it is making sure you do it in a way that is user-friendly – something which the footymad network doesn’t do!

Also, as already mentioned, I remember a time when this board was bustling with users from rival teams that made it interesting and different to forums like Owlstalk. While that’s still the case, that rarely happens now due the reasons listed above.

What’s the solution?

Maybe FootyMad should actually ask its users what they want rather than just constantly making changes to the forum? That would be start.

The solution is download add blocker.

I too only come on with a device that ad-blocks....adverts make it crap otherwise.

Haven't posted for a while, but that's mainly due to us doing pretty well and like Aussie said sometime in the past (to ketchup or someone), Owlsmad tootles along in fits and starts, sometimes full on sometimes not.

The thing you can put money on though one way or another, is the blades f*ucking up - and of course it falls upon us to stop them getting giddy...so I'll continue to celebrate Wednesday on Owlsmad as well as laughing at sheff Utd

Well this is a maudlin thread !

The poor functionality of the network has killed the site. A shame really as at it's peak it was a great place to come and talk soccer ball and have some light banter. I particularly enjoyed posting on here after your humiliating PO final defeat against Hull, a result I called right beforehand.

Anyway - Merry Christmas porkers, I think our season will have a happier ending than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Well this is a maudlin thread !

The poor functionality of the network has killed the site. A shame really as at it's peak it was a great place to come and talk soccer ball and have some light banter. I particularly enjoyed posting on here after your humiliating PO final defeat against Hull, a result I called right beforehand.

Anyway - Merry Christmas porkers, I think our season will have a happier ending than yours.

Well at least you have raised the spirit level in this thread!

You may have been laughing in May but you weren't so eager to boast when your own team crumbled in the 3rd division play-offs against the likes of Huddersfield, Yeovil and Swindon, never mind the years you have failed to make the top six.
    Is gaining promotion at the 6th attempt really something to rave about when the top contenders are S****horpe United?

Keep enjoying your football, if the Coventry game is anything to go by the Championship will be quaking in their boots at your long awaited return!

Merry Christmas.

Whats the news then regarding this board, is it really on its way out and if so... why ?

Footymad have made a number of mistakes in recent years and a lot of boards have lost a lot of fans. But this one does keep ticking over doesnt it. Although I have always expected it to be busier on here.

has any of you wendy bstds bought a round lately?
    thought not
    hope this helps with your ra ra shout
    peace be with you aussie owl
    all the best and i will see you on the other side

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)