+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Seriously , we should give Cresswell an interview if interested. He seems to know everything and isn't in the' merryground' of failure like the rest . I'm guessing he doesn't have young family commitments either !
    I am sure that there is more than a hint of sarcasm in that response, JRS; but you can't say that I haven't been telling you just how poor the current squad is. I don't wholly disagree with jardi's comments but a higher level of fitness is not the silver bullet that he thinks it is: there has to be a reasonable squad of players to work with in the first place. On last night's showing only Robinson, Marshall and Millar look worth keeping. Dobbie certainly hasn't lived up to expectations but rumour has it that his knee is crocked and that he may need surgery. As for the rest...........

The close relationship between Hewitson and the Thomson's is now destroying the club . Fans have had enough and are demanding change . Crowds are about to get even worse so the chairman must act and act now . Has he got the balls to get rid certain individuals ? Does he actually realise how angry the fans are ?
    Will he make the correct decisions for the good of the club and not his own self interests ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    I am sure that there is more than a hint of sarcasm in that response, JRS; but you can't say that I haven't been telling you just how poor the current squad is. I don't wholly disagree with jardi's comments but a higher level of fitness is not the silver bullet that he thinks it is: there has to be a reasonable squad of players to work with in the first place. On last night's showing only Robinson, Marshall and Millar look worth keeping. Dobbie certainly hasn't lived up to expectations but rumour has it that his knee is crocked and that he may need surgery. As for the rest...........
    I don't think many people who follow Queens were unaware of of our limitations and most of were not fooled by several hollow wins at the start of the campaign. The departure of Skelton caught everyone off guard including Mr Hewitson whose only option was to appoint Thomson as an interim coach. Our subsequent demise has generated a torrent of abuse on the Social Media calling for Thomson's head and also unfair criticism of Mr Hewitson. Incidently I have not heard a scrap of evidence of the supposed rift between Skelton and Thomson and I'm sure Mr Hewitson would have shown big jim the door long before now if there was a problem..

We are out of the cup but let's move on and allow Mr Hewitson to appoint the right man to lead us forward. Meanwhile we have Dumbarton to sort out on Saturday and by that time most of the supporters will have the bile out of their system.

HAPPY ST ANDREWS DAY !
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 30-11-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Following last night's appalling result, Queens desperately need that respected manager as soon as possible.

Sadly, the carrot of a home game against Scotland's top team has been stolen from us by a 10 man squad of part timers from a lower league.

As I've said many times, if you're super fit and eager, you'll beat teams who are 'on paper' much better than you, and so Albion Rovers proved that maxim last night. Two seasons ago Rangers were like Queens are now, they swaggered into the Cairndale thinking they were world beaters, before being humbled by us at Palmy. We need a manager to remove that swagger and turn it into honest hard toil in training with extra sessions, and then have the players passionately chasing every ball from the first to the final minute.

To be honest, that's the least we the supporters can ask, - if you can't do that for 90 minutes, then find another job................there's thousands of people who would give their eye teeth for a job that meant just a few hours a week!
    Are you suggesting the part-time wee rovers were much fitter than Queens ?

I couldn't agree more Admin.

There are however a lot of very hurt and disappointed supporters who feel they have been let down, - and we must be mindful of that and accept that they are letting off steam, - even if it is OTT.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN writes that he doesn't think many people who follow Queens were aware of our limitations. I know that many of my fellow posters view games through blue tinted spectacles but are they blind as well or is it, ad I have asked before, that there are none so blind as those who do not want to see? The limitations were obvious last season and have won been equally obvious for those who were prepared to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Para handy, a good call, although I would caution your enthusiasm, ....the best managers should be able to take the bull by the horns......and then decide if he needs an assistant!

How many managers in Scotland don't have an assistant ? It must be unusual

Deekstrans it may be unusual but so is Tom Jones. .......my apologies, but we are needing a little light relief, even if that attempt was almost (but not quite bad) as our defeat to the boys from Coatbridge.

I think you are correct sir, but can we appoint the right manager for the job and let him see if he requires an assistant?

We are too quick to state our demands, rather like a kid sending his list to Santa, without realising that there is a cost.

Some may immediately counter by saying that there has been a huge cost to the club in terms of the loss of the Celtic tie and that will not be lost on BOD or the rest of the management team, but what is also wanted and needed is some space and time and a few calm heads to get us through the maelstrom that has battered our club.

It is grossly unfair (for some of us o this medium) to point the finger at Mr. Hewitson and the rest of the board, and you can call me Comical Ali if you like (Sane Man) but simply having a go at those in charge will not bring about the change you desire.

Having a pop at the BOD is easy behind a computer, doing the same face to face is an altogether different beast, and perhaps we should all consider that before we damage the club any further.

We all want the club to be successful, but in this most unscientific of processes, there are no guarantees in football, - regardless of which steps you take- and maybe, just maybe, we need to me mindful of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    QOS_MAD_ADMIN writes that he doesn't think many people who follow Queens were aware of our limitations. I know that many of my fellow posters view games through blue tinted spectacles but are they blind as well or is it, ad I have asked before, that there are none so blind as those who do not want to see? The limitations were obvious last season and have won been equally obvious for those who were prepared to see them.
    Misprint Creswell it should have read unaware

I checked out the final score on my mobile phone at work . I knew it was 1-1 and was waiting for confirmation of a replay at least. When the screen read 90+3 Albion Rovers goal , I just stood there stunned , unable to take it in or utter a word. This , I think, was my lowest point in following Queens since 1990 and Ross County beating us 6-2 at Palmerston. A glorious chance at earning relative megabucks for a club of our size cast away in an instant. Still numbed today and very sad stuff. I don't know if some players are either not good enough , not putting in the application or a mixture of both.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 30-11-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)