+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Misprint Creswell it should have read unaware
    A simple mistake, QOS; we all make them. However, if fellow posters are as aware of the team's limitations as you imply, why is it that when I have consistently drawn attention to these limitations the general reaction has been to ignore the message and to shoot the messenger? Does last night's performance and result not prove unequivocally that I have been right all along in suggesting that, with very few exceptions, the current squad members are simply not good enough?
    It was £10 per head last night, £5 for old codgers like myself. The official attendance was 387. As a result of last night's defeat not only have we lost out on a tie with Celtic and all the financial implications attached to that but once Albion Rovers have deducted VAT and their expenses do you think Queens actually came home out of pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    A simple mistake, QOS; we all make them. However, if fellow posters are as aware of the team's limitations as you imply, why is it that when I have consistently drawn attention to these limitations the general reaction has been to ignore the message and to shoot the messenger? Does last night's performance and result not prove unequivocally that I have been right all along in suggesting that, with very few exceptions, the current squad members are simply not good enough?
    It was £10 per head last night, £5 for old codgers like myself. The official attendance was 387. As a result of last night's defeat not only have we lost out on a tie with Celtic and all the financial implications attached to that but once Albion Rovers have deducted VAT and their expenses do you think Queens actually came home out of pocket?
    I think most of the punters would agree with most of what you say but perhaps keep quiet about it - others perhaps are afraid to face up to reality. Most people don't like whingers and maybe this is your problem. If you were to wind in your kneck just a little perhaps you would gain more respect. I am very long in the tooth and have the greatest respect for your views and your vast knowledge of the game. Another renowned poster called Veteran who has since left the board took things even further than you and even suggested we were lucky to beat Aberdeen in the famous Scottish Cup semi-final a few years back.

This is by no means a hint that you should bog off the board and I hope you continue to entertain JR and the rest of us for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    I think most of the punters would agree with most of what you say but perhaps keep quiet about it - others perhaps are afraid to face up to reality. Most people don't like whingers and maybe this is your problem. If you were to wind in your kneck just a little perhaps you would gain more respect. I am very long in the tooth and have the greatest respect for your views and your vast knowledge of the game. Another renowned poster called Veteran who has since left the board took things even further than you and even suggested we were lucky to beat Aberdeen in the famous Scottish Cup semi-final a few years back.

This is by no means a hint that you should bog off the board and I hope you continue to entertain JR and the rest of us for a long time to come.
    QOS, I just tell it as I see it and I don't see that as whinging. I was brought up to tell the truth and shame the devil. I have always tried to give a reasoned representation of my views in the forlorn hope that I may force some change for the better although I fear that that battle is long since lost. I have been supporting Queens for seventy years now and I suppose in that time I have learned to manage my expectations better than most contributors.
    In my opinion, Veteran is a huge loss to this site. I didn't always agree with him but like me he told it how he thought it was. I wouldn't be so undiplomatic as Veteran regarding that game against Aberdeen but, for what it is worth, for the last twenty minutes or so of that game the main thought going through my head was that we had scored four goals in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden and were in danger of not making the final. Have you looked at the video lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post
    Please apply ASAP and bring your own assistant.
    Not allowed apparently. The new manager can also expect not to have full control of transfers if much say at all. The board are looking for a yes man and no self-respecting experienced manager would consider working under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man View Post
    Not allowed apparently. The new manager can also expect not to have full control of transfers if much say at all. The board are looking for a yes man and no self-respecting experienced manager would consider working under those conditions.
    I assume by this diatribe that you have some personal insight as to the board thoughts and attitude when it comes to running the club. Would you care to share your inside source of the information?

Precisely Spike...............I too look forward to hearing it.

Skelton wasn't allowed to bring in an assistant so why would the next manager? In the summer, most of last season's squad were retained without a manager being in place. Who made the decision to sign up those players for another term? So i'm only going by what's already been going on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)