+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qos v Dumbarton

Here's our form guide since our last league win way back on September 17th against Raith Rovers

D D L L L L L L

2 points from a possible 24
    2 goals scored & 17 conceded from those 8 games

Relegation form and even St Mirren might fancy their chances on Tuesday night

Never been a fan of Millar's even less so now, Pickard does well at times but is a young guy trying his best in a struggling team, don't think I have ever seen a team at Palmy have as few attempts on goal as Dumbarton, they were really poor but to be honest we are a team with no leadership or direction and not much better than them

I feel so sorry for the two Mersey branch members who journeyed all that way to watch that muck.(RESPECT TO JIM AND DAVE.)
    As for me....that's it!! No Fight,No Desire,No Direction,No clue!GARY NAYSMITH.....Good luck ...I give you six months!

There were encouraging signs yesterday that with a bit more organisation we will get back to winning ways. Dumbarton perfomed the classic smash and grab act and with a wonder goal and a dodgy penalty snatched the points. Queens dominated for long periods and Carmichael looks sharp.

There is still a lot of football to play until the spring and I remain optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    I feel so sorry for the two Mersey branch members who journeyed all that way to watch that muck.(RESPECT TO JIM AND DAVE.)
    As for me....that's it!! No Fight,No Desire,No Direction,No clue!GARY NAYSMITH.....Good luck ...I give you six months!
    A bit OTT George - had a dodgy curry for lunch my old mate ?

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    There were encouraging signs yesterday that with a bit more organisation we will get back to winning ways. Dumbarton perfomed the classic smash and grab act and with a wonder goal and a dodgy penalty snatched the points. Queens dominated for long periods and Carmichael looks sharp.

There is still a lot of football to play until the spring and I remain optimistic.
    I have to agree completely as this was far from Queens worst performance of the season and there were certainly some encouraging signs. It was pretty surreal to watch Queens totally dominating the game and should have been at least two goals to the good before Dumbarton's super strike fully 25 yards and against the run of play. I figure it was their first attempt on target but someone has to take the blame for the time Stevenson got before launching his howitzer right into the top right hand corner, where was the closing down. The phantom penalty decision even surprised their players and as I never actually saw the incident, as the ball was in flight at the time, I cannot comment on the validity or otherwise. The Queens formation yesterday was more balanced with Carmichael on the left ably supported by Marshall and it was a combination of extreme bad luck and poor finishing that resulted in the dropping of two points. Plenty for Naysmith to consider but overall I do not think he would have been too disappointed with what he saw on the pitch. The lack of cover for the midfield is an obvious area to be addressed and the forwards are seriously lacking confidence at the moment. Does not need major surgery but certainly some minor in specific areas. Mon the South.

Maybe I am just too hard to please,but to be encouraged by a home defeat to Dumbarton of all teams........nah!! I think I am right in that Queens beat them 6 v 0 in the corresponding fixture last year.Yet some see positive signs in yesterdays"performance"With the exception of Carmichael and to a lesser extent Hamill all I could see was a team whose confidence and desire to perform has completely gone.If I went to a restaraunt and was served substandard food,I certainly wouldn't be back there for a meal the next week.Same with Palmerston.Since the Ibrox shambles the team have been shambolic with too many players seemingly not giving a flying one.I've had enough.If they cannot be arsed,then I can't be arsed parting with my cash to watch embarrassing fare.Masochism is not my bag.Man.

Strange ( I think) Bagapapa thought there was a lack of desire. I didn't see much evidence of that at all. The old cliché 'when you are going through a bad time , you don't get a rub of the green' seems appropriate to me. I have seen these spells happen periodically for decades when we are on a bad run . These chances would have went in from Aug - September and are not at the moment. Lack of effort ? not for me.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 04-12-2016 at 07:59 PM.

On the effort subject , I would say Dobbie is trying TOO HARD . He is running like a mad man all over the pitch desperate to make things happen instead of keeping position and using his energy more effectively. He had a wonderful opening spell and was extremely unlucky not to score from the volley ( keeper saved low down to his right) and the free kick ( after our player was blatantly taken down when running through). Another good move and Anderson should have scored. Saturday was the proverbial mixed bag of inspired keeping , woeful and unlucky finishing. This can't go on forever.

Interesting and varied comments about the Dumbarton game. As a now 'exiled' (due to work) Queens fan who has supported the Club for the last 40+ years, I was at my first visit to Palmerston for some time on Saturday. After watching the Rangers and Raith games on TV, and reading all the comments on here and P&B during the dramatic collapse from the top of the league, I expected the worst. However, I have to say that it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. Here's my 'snapshot' view from someone who hasn't been able to see the apparant deterioration of last few league matches:

For me, we have some good, talented players in the current team, and I can't fault them for effort yesterday. However, confidence was clearly very low and I'm sure I could detect a 'fear factor' with players reluctant to press forward or make a quick pass/cross/shot. Carmichael looked sharp; Marshall impressed me and clearly has loads of potential; Dowie put in a great shift; Hamill played well, albeit lacking a wee bit of pace; I thought Pickard's workrate and strength admirable (although needs more coaching and experience); Dobbie worked as hard as I've seen him work, although nothing came off for him; Lyle showed he can still make a valuable contribution; and Robinson couldn't be faulted for the goals and distributed well.

Of the others, I thought Dykes lacked direction (a talented and strong player but in need of specific coaching?); Anderson faded badly as the game progressed; and I found Millar slow and disappointing.

A good coach and man-manager, a fresh approach, and 3 or 4 new players (especially in midfield) could make a huge difference. I listened to the new manager's interview and found it encouraging; sensible, level-headed talk. As good an appointment as we could have hoped for IMO (no point calling for the latest 'top' manager talent; we just can't afford that!) and I think he'll fit well at Palmerston.

So, very, very disappointing to lose yet another match, especially in that manner. BUT I'm not too downhearted to be honest; the difference between success and failure is so slim and I reckon we have 60-70% of a good enough team there. Let's get behind the new manager and encourage him to turn this around. C'mon the Queens!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)