+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Rhodes

Jordan Rhodes

Would be a great January signing, out of favour at Boro. Watched our last 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    Would be a great January signing, out of favour at Boro. Watched our last 2 games
    With his dad at the club and his links to Ipswich I am not surprised he was there and people put 2 & 2 together and got 5 but if he has watched us since then there might be something in this twice-yearly rumour this time!
    He has certainly been frozen out at Boro this season.

I don't know if there's owt in the rumour but I would be surprised if WEDNESDAY didn't at least try for a loan deal in the window. He's the kind of player that if your serious about promotion, you have to be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    With his dad at the club and his links to Ipswich I am not surprised he was there and people put 2 & 2 together and got 5 but if he has watched us since then there might be something in this twice-yearly rumour this time!
    He has certainly been frozen out at Boro this season.
    Somebody called footie heaven this week and mentioned this rumour not sure who the presenter was but he said we bid £10 mill for Rhodes in the summer

Somebody called footie heaven this week and mentioned this rumour not sure who the presenter was but he said we bid £10 mill for Rhodes in the summer
    As much as any addition of that calibre is always an exciting prospect..Not to mention the fact that 'He's all wednesday, isn't he.?' .....I'd rather spend it on the areas that need spending on.....Full backs....Midfield beast. (Because if Hutch isn't there, we're knackered.)...Another centre half....And a speed merchant down the wing....We have Hooper to bang the goals in...and he has a more complete all round game......A few outgoings would be very welcome.......Can't see us doing all of those things in january...But they are needed, nonetheless.

Ain't going to happen tbh because it's all down to the Parachute payment AV get.

Quote Originally Posted by superowl3 View Post
    Ain't going to happen tbh because it's all down to the Parachute payment AV get.
    superowl3 the parachute payments make a massive difference, we've spent more than most clubs in this leaue but we cant compete with the 3 that come down every season

Quote Originally Posted by superowl3 View Post

where's tha been superowl ?

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd View Post
    As much as any addition of that calibre is always an exciting prospect..Not to mention the fact that 'He's all wednesday, isn't he.?' .....I'd rather spend it on the areas that need spending on.....Full backs....Midfield beast. (Because if Hutch isn't there, we're knackered.)...Another centre half....And a speed merchant down the wing....We have Hooper to bang the goals in...and he has a more complete all round game......A few outgoings would be very welcome.......Can't see us doing all of those things in january...But they are needed, nonetheless.

i'm thinking chansiri is looking at rhodes as the cherry on the top signing if it comes off.
    although i agree there's other areas that need looking at , carlos is obviously happy with the squad (as he should be cuz he assembled it at great cost) and for this league at this time , it should be good enougth to manage a play off place.
    rhodes for me is a player that you get if you can as he probably gets you an extra 3/4 points at the end of the season.
    we shouldn't break the bank to sign him but if he's affordable we have to be interested

Welcome to S6 Mr Rhodes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)