+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gary Naysmith it is then

To DouglasQOS and Ftivano1 and others who will reply in similar vein. Forget the phone call I had last night. Believe me, my friend is sufficiently well placed that what he was telling me was no idle gossip but put that conversation to one side. I have explained why I think that this appointment lacks inspiration; why I think that Naismith is, as I said, just another off the managerial conveyor belt to nowhere. We've had more than our share in recent years. Instead of having a pop at the messenger, you now make your case. Never mind the "we must rally round the manager" rhetoric. Tell me why Naismith's appointment is a sound decision by our Board of Directors: tell me what he has done, not as a player but as a manager, to inspire this confidence: tell me what you expect him to achieve at Palmerston. Make your case.
    Last edited by Cresswell; 02-12-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Got East Fife promoted last season. Has any of last few managers won anything as a manager.
    And as a player :
    Has played at the highest level in Scotland and England.
    Capped by his country 46 times and actually scored for the national team and we all know how rare Scottish international goals are.
    Won the Scottish cup
    Won the Kirin cup
    Won promotion from the English first division with Huddersfield (think it was them).

You can hear from the new manager in an interview from earlier today on the website

[QUOTE=DouglasQOS;38346681]Got East Fife promoted last season. Has any of last few managers won anything as a manager.
    And as a player :
    Has played at the highest level in Scotland and England.
    Capped by his country 46 times and actually scored for the national team and we all know how rare Scottish international goals are.
    Won the Scottish cup
    Won the Kirin cup
    Won promotion from the English first division with Huddersfield (think it was them).[/QUOTE

DouglasQOS, I specifically invited you to make the case for Naismith not as a player but as a manager and you have cited predominantly his record as a player which is largely irrelevant to his ability or potential as a manager. Fine players do not necessarily make fine managers. Yes, he was manager when East Fife were promoted in 2015/16 but equally he was manager when they were relegated in 2013/14. Furthermore, when East Fife were last promoted from the bottom tier of Scottish football they did so with an impressive 88 points. Naismith's East Fife did it with 62 points, the lowest promotional points total from that league (for information, Gretna did it with 98 points) and are currently on course to go straight back down sitting, as they are, in the relegation play-off place. Would you like to try again?

i canny knock cresswell on this likes ,mr Naismith defo hasnt got any sort of pedigree as a manager as of yet ,i was hoping the board would of appointed someone that has been tried and tested in this league or at a higher level and with a good pedigree of bringing through quality youths ,someone like a billy reid would have been ideal ,well Naismith is here now so lets just hope he can kickstart his career with queens in a positive way .

Cresswell, are you sure this insider friend of yours at East Fife is talking about the same person?
    I thought we had signed up Gary Naysmith as our new manager!
    If your going to stick the boot in before he's even got here, at least have the decency to spell his name correctly.

Cresswell my dear friend . It's time you packed in watching football . There's absolutely no point in attending matches as you'll never ever be happy

If I was a man of your age I'd find something that I enjoyed rather than something I want to constantly criticise

Time to move on old chap

Cresswell: you know as well as everyone else knows , he has only been a manager for a couple of years. If it does not work out I will personally bow to your superior knowledge and apologise, but my hope is that he is a success at Palmerston and I will give him my full support.
    I will never criticise anyone before they have been given a chance.

I can certainly see where Cresswell is coming from. I don't think Mr Naysmith's track record is a ringing endorsement but QoS have made most of their appointments from the same category.

However, I think anybody doing that job needs to be backed and given time.

Cresswell - if you have been watching Queens for six decades plus and you were at Coatbridge on a Tuesday night watching that fiasco, I can only say -
    Je deteste le que vous ecrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour vous puissiez continuer a ecrire!

(As Voltaire didn't say)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)