+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 120 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

There’s a huge difference between the basket case at Sunderland & the one at Iprix.

There’s a bizarre tendency on here to guess the inner workings of Derek’s mind & pass it off as fact.

He’d be mental to go there, he’s not that daft, he’s a Morton supporter...

I think a few of you may be in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Paper quote sayin useless Pedro accepted a half mill pay off which if true the h,unz got off lightly there!!
    I suspect there was already a pay-off amount in his contract. I doubt the sevco board were completely convinced he would last the whole 3 years, and put a sacking figure in. I'd imagine that's fairly common practice now given how few managers last three or more years at any club.
    I'd guess they would try and put a similar clause in with McInness - so he wouldn't even have a nest egg to fall back on after getting the sack when he inevitably fails to overtake celtic.

I'm a bit surprised this wasn't mentioned at the time, but a few weeks ago there was a discussion about pedro under-performing on sportsound involving that prick Young. He said that journalists would often be used to sound out (tap) potential managers and players, and without being specific alluded to McInnes not willing to go near the sevco job.
    From that, I guess they tried to get him after Warburton was sacked, and were told there was no chance.

I think the Bristol experience scarred McInness, and that put him off Sunderland and would put him off the huns (for now anyway).

I suspect they'll go for Kenny Miller - avoids them having to pay another wage

I heard from a very drunk & mouthy associate of his, that he definitely was asked, when Warburton was still in the job.

Rangers are in a weaker position now, which puts him in a slightly stronger one. They might up their offer

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I heard from a very drunk & mouthy associate of his, that he definitely was asked, when Warburton was still in the job.

Rangers are in a weaker position now, which puts him in a slightly stronger one. They might up their offer
    I'm unconvinced they can afford to. I've heard rumours pedro was served his notice and effectively put on the same sort of gardening leave as fat sally, so he's still on their payroll due to their inability to pony up a lump sum.

One thing's for sure, if the club do accept a compensation offer it had better be 100% cash on delivery, no instalments.

On previous occasions I have thought he wouldn't go there, but I think given the opportunity, it would actually be the perfect time for him.

Two reasons for this, the first being that I think he has taken us as far as he can. That's not to say he is a bad manager, because I am a big fan of Derek, but the resources he has at his disposal with his limited tactics, probably prevent him from taking us any further. Can we go any further, that's a subject for another day.

Secondly, if he doesn't take it, he will likely never get another opportunity, so on that basis, I think he would likely accept an offer, provided its better wages (which it will be) and that he gets some money to spend. He would fancy his chances of winning cups with Sevco, regardless of how crackpot a club we think they are.

As Mason has said, this is a different situation than that of Sunderland.

As for the compensation, could they afford it... it would be interesting to see. Hypothetically, if Derek wants to go, our weak chairman wont stop him. No point having a manager that would want to leave, so i think Milne would negotiate something.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 27-10-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by don_in View Post
    I'm unconvinced they can afford to. I've heard rumours pedro was served his notice and effectively put on the same sort of gardening leave as fat sally, so he's still on their payroll due to their inability to pony up a lump sum.

That garden must be looking f@cking wicked now

There’s a huge difference between the basket case at Sunderland & the one at Iprix.

There’s a bizarre tendency on here to guess the inner workings of Derek’s mind & pass it off as fact.

He’d be mental to go there, he’s not that daft, he’s a Morton supporter...

I think a few of you may be in for a shock.
    You'll be right one day of course but as the saying goes, even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

I’m just delighted it’s being discussed. We’re almost at the end of his time here regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Reckon we'll have a good idea by dinner time today. Somebody will ask Del at today's presser about the Hunco connection; if he gives an unequivocal no, great. If he gives a wishy-washy mibbes aye mibbes naw, then we're in for a rocky few weeks
    For what it's worth, if they get as far as talking to him, I think he'll go.
    I said the same about Sunderland in the summer, but this is SEVCO
    If he turned them down now, he might feel it's his once chance to manage them as they might not go back to him if he knocks them back.

I think Wednesday against Celtic, whilst it was only one game, really sickened him.
    He more or less admitted that he can never beat Celtic whilst at Aberdeen (OK, I'm paraphrasing)

At SEVCO, whilst they're miles behind them, they at least have the potential to challenge them, if they're managed properly on and off the field.

As I said last night, if I was Milne, I'd be having half a mind as to who we replace DM with
    Which worries me given his track record.

I'll make a random prediction and say by the time we play the Huns at the B@stard Garden in a month, DM will be in the home dug out and we'll have Derek Adams in ours.
    I await the abuse :-)

The timing is also perfect for this thread. If we'd just beaten Celtic everyone would be laughing at the suggestion of DM entertaining the h*n job and telling them to go f*ck themselves. A manager's only as good as his last game especially a manager who has been at the Dons for as long as McInnes. Maybe we need a few years of being utter sh*te again to bring back some of the passion. Things were horrific under the like of A Miller, Paterson and McGhee but you savoured ever victory and dreamt of what it would be like for the club to be anything other than an utter embarrassment. I'm getting all nostalgic.

Page 120 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast