+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 121 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    As I said last night, if I was Milne, I'd be having half a mind as to who we replace DM with
    Which worries me given his track record.

I'll make a random prediction and say by the time we play the Huns at the B@stard Garden in a month, DM will be in the home dug out and we'll have Derek Adams in ours.
    I await the abuse :-)
    "IF" he goes, I reckon Paul Sheerin will step up and be assisted with Barry Robson.
    Sheerin is not only the development manager, but heavily involved in the first team as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m just delighted it’s being discussed. We’re almost at the end of his time here regardless
    Who do you want in to replace Mason?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Why drag training facilities into it?

It's got nothing to do with that.

AFC could build training facilities any time they wanted to.
    Because like it or not, assurances were given in the summer and they have not been fulfilled.
    That changes the considerations

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    "IF" he goes, I reckon Paul Sheerin will step up and be assisted with Barry Robson.
    Sheerin is not only the development manager, but heavily involved in the first team as well
    We cannot afford to make an appointment like that. I’m sorry, I like Sheerin and I like Robson, but they have done nothing to deserve that role. If we were a mid-table team or lower, I would say yes give them a chance, but Derek has took us to a decent level, that I didn’t think we would see for a very long time. If there is to be a new manager, which I suspect there will be, then it has to be someone who can hit the ground running and push us to that next level, if that’s even achievable.

Sheerin and Robson sounds like a very cheap option and is high risk if it doesn’t pay off. With record season ticket sales and the push for new Stadium and facilities, the appointment needs to be 100% right, something Milne has a habit of not doing. We cannot go down this route if we are to be successful.

Who do you want in to replace Mason?
    Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Jack Ross
    I'd far rather we went for him, a young ambitious coach/manager, than a "safe" uninspiring manager such as the more likely Milne candidates....by that I mean Derek Adams, Tommy Wright, or Alex McLeish.
    F**K that

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    We cannot afford to make an appointment like that. I’m sorry, I like Sheerin and I like Robson, but they have done nothing to deserve that role. If we were a mid-table team or lower, I would say yes give them a chance, but Derek has took us to a decent level, that I didn’t think we would see for a very long time. If there is to be a new manager, which I suspect there will be, then it has to be someone who can hit the ground running and push us to that next level, if that’s even achievable.

Sheerin and Robson sounds like a very cheap option and is high risk if it doesn’t pay off. With record season ticket sales and the push for new Stadium and facilities, the appointment needs to be 100% right, something Milne has a habit of not doing. We cannot go down this route if we are to be successful.
    It may be seen as a cheap option, but I think it is a long term strategy.
    Its called succession planning.
    I think Sheerin was lured from Arbroath with this in mind.
    I think he turned down the chance of ICT, because he expects DM and Doc to move on shortly.

Sheerin and Robson know the squad, work with them daily.
    Heavily involved in match days preparing the team.
    Its a lower risk than you might first think

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'd far rather we went for him, a young ambitious coach/manager, than a "safe" uninspiring manager such as the more likely Milne candidates....by that I mean Derek Adams, Tommy Wright, or Alex McLeish.
    F**K that
    Jack Ross would be a very interesting move.
    He has done well so far.
    A risk as never managed at this level before, but a worthwhile risk nonetheless.

Is there any other external candidates that would inspire choice?
    I think Graham Potter would be a more ambitious move.
    Took Östersunds FK from Tier 4 to Tier 1 in the Swedish leagues, straight into Europe and into the group stages.
    He's assisted by Billy Reid as well who knows the Scottish market and developing youth from his time at Hamilton

It may be seen as a cheap option, but I think it is a long term strategy.
    Its called succession planning.
    I think Sheerin was lured from Arbroath with this in mind.
    I think he turned down the chance of ICT, because he expects DM and Doc to move on shortly.

Sheerin and Robson know the squad, work with them daily.
    Heavily involved in match days preparing the team.
    Its a lower risk than you might first think
    They may have interaction with the team and match preparation as you have said, but that doesn’t automatically make them a direct fit as football managers. Okay Sheerin was manager at Arbroath, but that’s a long way off our level.

You take a risk now and it could end up setting us back years. McInnes has made us a steady club, with the expectation of 2nd place now firmly implanted in the minds of the fans. Anything other than that will be seen as unsuccessful and I see such an appointment as high risk. The ‘romance’ of promoting within and achieving success, very rarely comes to fruition. For me, now is not the time for this sort of appointment.

I wrote off Jack Ross when Sunderland were in for McInnes, stating he hadn’t proven himself and was a risk. That is still in my mind, but he has turned St Mirren right around and he would/should be in with a shout. I still see it as a tad risky, but not as much as I once did. He would be no more risky, than when we appointed McInnes, albeit the expectations of the fans is now greater than it was 4 years ago. He is actually the only one that jumps out at me just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

I wrote off Jack Ross when Sunderland were in for McInnes, stating he hadn’t proven himself and was a risk. That is still in my mind, but he has turned St Mirren right around and he would/should be in with a shout. I still see it as a tad risky, but not as much as I once did. He would be no more risky, than when we appointed McInnes, albeit the expectations of the fans is now greater than it was 4 years ago. He is actually the only one that jumps out at me just now.
    As I pointed out above, Graham Potter / Billy Reid have equally showed advancement in their clubs and have taken their current team from the fourth tier into the group stages of Europa League

Page 121 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast