+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 123 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Last season we were second to Celtic in all three competitions.
    Theyr'e likely to have a clean sweep again this year.

Who do you think we can realistically manage to bring in that will get us better than second?
    So we just don't bother? Thought you were all about being forward thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Unless your an advanced occultist , what do you base this assertion upon.
    Really just negative speculation , isn't it.
    So you really think there is someone out there who is going to get us any closer to Celtic in the league?

Who?

Last season we were second to Celtic in all three competitions.
    Theyr'e likely to have a clean sweep again this year.

Who do you think we can realistically manage to bring in that will get us better than second?
    Better than second ! With Rangers building up their squad more next season, I'd say everyone else is competing for 3rd.

I've got no idea of any particular individual. But that's neither here nor there.
    Whoever we appoint will be successful, or unsuccessful, based a lot more than their present status.

Thats not to say we can not become a better team, & our next manager is superior to McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So you really think there is someone out there who is going to get us any closer to Celtic in the league?

Who?
    No idea , does that mean there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So we just don't bother? Thought you were all about being forward thinking?
    LOL, not what I said.
    Of course we try, that was not what the point of discussion was.

Go slow down and try and keep up with the thread discussion before jumping in with both feet.
    If you read back I suggested Graham Potter who has a very good pedigree of turning round a club and getting them to the group stages ahead of bigger clubs in the league.
    I also mentioned Billy Reid his assistant has a good pedigree and knowledge of Scottish football.

I've made a progressive suggestion, where's yours?

Now, back to the point we were discussing, it's more probable that we will likely struggle to get a manager who is as successful or indeed more successful than McInnes given the current form and resources of Celtic / Rogers.

That's not to say we should not try. Come on Aldo, be real.

not what I said.
    That's rich

Better than second ! With Rangers building up their squad more next season, I'd say everyone else is competing for 3rd.

I've got no idea of any particular individual. But that's neither here nor there.
    Whoever we appoint will be successful, or unsuccessful, based a lot more than their present status.

Thats not to say we can not become a better team, & our next manager is superior to McInnes.
    Contradicting points there.
    You say we are competing for 3rd, yet its not to say we cannot become a better team.

Of course there is a chance we could sign a manager (Ross, Potter or someone else) who could be better than currently.
    Our points were simply (and you make the same point) that the bar is currently as high as we have had it in a long, lonmg time.
    Many managers have been brought in, tried and failed to get to the level we are currently at and therefore realistically likely we will replace with someone not as good as McInnes (but there is always a chance)

I think you are living with your head in the clouds,nothings impossible I suppose but its highly unlikely we are going to find a manager who is going to get us challenging for the league and winning a sh*t load of cups. I presume thats what you mean by superior to McInnes.

That's rich
    In what way?
    Please expand.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if you noticed that Plymouth are bottom of League 1 and 5 points adrift of safety.

It wont be Derek Adams who replaces McInnes when he leaves, Adams has found his level which is League 2 in England.

Hes as much of a safe bet as Mixu Paatelainen or Ray McKinnon would be.
    I don't have a clue about League 1 in England.
    I'm just saying who I think Milne would be interested in.
    Didn't say I wanted him.
    I guarantee he'd be in Milne's thoughts if DM went to the B@stard Garden, along with a few other uninspiring folk

Page 123 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast