+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    LOL, not what I said.
    Of course we try, that was not what the point of discussion was.

Go slow down and try and keep up with the thread discussion before jumping in with both feet.
    If you read back I suggested Graham Potter who has a very good pedigree of turning round a club and getting them to the group stages ahead of bigger clubs in the league.
    I also mentioned Billy Reid his assistant has a good pedigree and knowledge of Scottish football.

I've made a progressive suggestion, where's yours?

Now, back to the point we were discussing, it's more probable that we will likely struggle to get a manager who is as successful or indeed more successful than McInnes given the current form and resources of Celtic / Rogers.

That's not to say we should not try. Come on Aldo, be real.
    be honest. you have no ****ing clue who Graham Potter is. However, the assistant Billy Reid, is a good shout. 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the diddy Premier league, so what! Billy Reid supporter of youngsters and made more money in transfer fees than Mcinnes ever will. I hope he goes, but seriously if they are serious of closing the gap DM wouldn't be near the position,

Contradicting points there.
    You say we are competing for 3rd, yet its not to say we cannot become a better team.
    Dont see why you think it's a contradiction.

Say Liverpool or Spurs for example, are a better team this season , but they are still not good enough to get higher due to others being better funded.

dont go nitpicking, You get the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    be honest. you have no ****ing clue who Graham Potter is. However, the assistant Billy Reid, is a good shout. 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the diddy Premier league, so what! Billy Reid supporter of youngsters and made more money in transfer fees than Mcinnes ever will. I hope he goes, but seriously if they are serious of closing the gap DM wouldn't be near the position,
    Is that what its all about,bringing through youngsters and making millions selling them on.

I hope Billy Reid gets it then, I will definitely renew my season ticket if he does

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don't have a clue about League 1 in England.
    I'm just saying who I think Milne would be interested in.
    Didn't say I wanted him.
    I guarantee he'd be in Milne's thoughts if DM went to the B@stard Garden, along with a few other uninspiring folk
    I know you don't want him but I cant understand why you think Milne would?

Because he played for us?

If Plymouth were near the top of League 1 I could see the reason why he would be considered,I would imagine he will be lucky if he doesn't get sacked if he cant get them out of the relegation places.

Why don't you google what Potter has done since becoming manager of Östersunds FK, with Billy reid as assistant.
    I'm suggesting they would be a good appointment as a team.

Since 2011, he has progressively got them promoted from the fourth tier, to the top tier.
    Won the Swedish cup.
    Qualified for the Europa League Group stages,
    Knocked out Galatasary in the 2nd Round
    Beat Fola Esch in both legs (something we didn't manage)
    Are topping the Europa League Group Stage having beaten Hertha Berlin and Ukranian Side FC Zorya Luhansk and drawing with Athletic Bilbao

Name:  Osterunds.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  9.2 KB

Yes, I don't know Graham Potter, but I like his record.
    It would appear more experienced than Jack Ross, especially if Reid joined with his assistant

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Is that what its all about,bringing through youngsters and making millions selling them on.

I hope Billy Reid gets it then, I will definitely renew my season ticket if he does
    What is it about? Is it winning trophies? If so, why do we go undercooked at Fir Park when that cup is the best chance we have of success. Well we don't do much of nowadays. Do you think we'll be in the exalted 2nd spot this season? I'll go 4th even allowing the standings right now. Maybe I'm a dinosaur and don't understand the delights of game management, strikers out wide with no mobility, CM's shackled as to where they can travel to on the park. It's boredom in my eyes. Imagine trying to contain a side time after time even when at home and wondering why it never comes close to coming off. DM won't get the job unfortunately because he is miles away from what is needed at Ibrox. He is no genius, he stumbled upon a kari / Mckenna CB pairing, but I'll bet my left nut that it is all change again this weekend. Cautious pish every other weekend, not for me.

More experience, is that important now? I thought you were wanting Paul Sheerin two minutes ago.

Why don't you google what Potter has done since becoming manager of Östersunds FK, with Billy reid as assistant.
    I'm suggesting they would be a good appointment as a team.

Since 2011, he has progressively got them promoted from the fourth tier, to the top tier.
    Won the Swedish cup.
    Qualified for the Europa League Group stages,
    Knocked out Galatasary in the 2nd Round
    Beat Fola Esch in both legs (something we didn't manage)
    Are topping the Europa League Group Stage having beaten Hertha Berlin and Ukranian Side FC Zorya Luhansk and drawing with Athletic Bilbao

Name:  Osterunds.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  9.2 KB

Yes, I don't know Graham Potter, but I like his record.
    It would appear more experienced than Jack Ross, especially if Reid joined with his assistant
    I'm not tryoing to be a smart arse. yes, the record would appear highly Positive. But there is not a chance of graham Potter ever flagging up in the AFC boardrrom. That is just reality. Also, why would he be interested in a job at a far less capable side of that which he manages now. Get your head round the situation. Aberdeen are nonentities playing in a ****e standard of league. We make up numbers, little else. Yes, I'm in a **** of a mood today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    More experience, is that important now? I thought you were wanting Paul Sheerin two minutes ago.
    Come on Mason, keep up with the speed.
    I said I think they will go for Sheerin / Robson and justified the reasons.
    I am not the decision maker though and maybe they won't

If going external, I looked at who we might realistically be able to go for.

Stop trying to play the man and add some discussion to the points.
    I guess your not happy because I made a better suggestion than yours

What is it about? Is it winning trophies? If so, why do we go undercooked at Fir Park when that cup is the best chance we have of success. Well we don't do much of nowadays. Do you think we'll be in the exalted 2nd spot this season? I'll go 4th even allowing the standings right now. Maybe I'm a dinosaur and don't understand the delights of game management, strikers out wide with no mobility, CM's shackled as to where they can travel to on the park. It's boredom in my eyes. Imagine trying to contain a side time after time even when at home and wondering why it never comes close to coming off. DM won't get the job unfortunately because he is miles away from what is needed at Ibrox. He is no genius, he stumbled upon a kari / Mckenna CB pairing, but I'll bet my left nut that it is all change again this weekend. Cautious pish every other weekend, not for me.
    So you would rather we blooded youngstesr and struggled near the bottom of the league if there is a chance we might sell them on for millions?

That was Dundee United's plan a few seasons ago and look at what happened to them.

I agree that finishing 2nd is nothing to get excited about,but I would rather go to Pittodrie to watch an Aberdeen team who win the majority of their games than go watch a team who draw or lose most of their games so they can make a quick buck off their youth players.

Page 124 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast