+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 489 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

The SFA are interested in Michael O'Neill. Oooof imagine that, the SFA cutting sevcos feet off.

I hope Sevco do go into Administration. It would finally tie up the SFA/SPFL feelings on whether they were a "new" club or the "existing" club.

The rules State :

Any club that enters administration will receive an immediate 15-point deduction, with a five-point deduction the following season.

And, if there's a second case, the penalties would be 25 points straight away, with 15 deducted the following season.

So, the same club = 25 point deduction and new club = 15 point deduction.

Its a win-win for everyone if they ever go under

Pretty sure I saw a statement from someone on the Hun board or similar a few weeks back saying ultimately loans would be converted to shares?

Administration surely v unlikely if creditors are effectively the owners of the club? Purpose of administration really to run the business for the benefit of the creditors rather than the owners, doesn't seem a likely step if they are broadly the same people.

There could of course be some in-fighting if some creditors feel proposed terms of the share conversion are giving them less than their due and they might even think they'd do better in administration. Might be some brinkmanship. But unless one or more creditors goes seriously rogue, they will surely stop short of doing anything that seriously damages the club. They'd have to look people they mix in the eye afterwards and we can imagine the type of people they'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post

Administration surely v unlikely if creditors are effectively the owners of the club? Purpose of administration really to run the business for the benefit of the creditors rather than the owners, doesn't seem a likely step if they are broadly the same people.

I'd have thought it makes it more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Why?
    Surely the most likely scenario is not for them to give up control to get back soft loans, but to convert said soft loans into shares giving them more ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I hope Sevco do go into Administration. It would finally tie up the SFA/SPFL feelings on whether they were a "new" club or the "existing" club.

The rules State :

Any club that enters administration will receive an immediate 15-point deduction, with a five-point deduction the following season.

And, if there's a second case, the penalties would be 25 points straight away, with 15 deducted the following season.

So, the same club = 25 point deduction and new club = 15 point deduction.

Its a win-win for everyone if they ever go under
    Sadly - and I'm happy to be corrected if wrong - I think there is a time limit on the "second insolvency event" scenario - something like 25 point deduction applies if there are 2 insolvency events within a 5 year period.

So given the huns died over 5 years ago I think the tribute act may be able to dodge that particular scenario by playing the over 5 years between insolvencies card - thus only taking a 15 point deduction allowing the continuation myth to roll along.

As I say happy to be corrected as nothing would give me greater pleasure than to watch them squirm around that particular gem - but I think they have it covered unfortunately

Please explain. The point of Administration is broadly to protect creditors from owners who might put their own interests ahead of creditors interests. If the owners ARE the creditors then why would they need protection from themselves?

As creditors , and presumably able to command a majority among the creditors they are in a position to accept (and force others to accept) any old s'hite.

Remember who you are dealing with here.....dodgy.

Although the old Rangers went into admin ( if I remember correctly) no deal could be made so the administration was not successful.
    Therefore they were liquidated, they are no more.

There is nothing left to go into a second administration, Sevco have never been in administration.

It would, of course, be worth any amount of points not deducted to see them actually argue this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    I really don't see why it should be different in this country but the establishment will do everything in the powers they hold to KEEP them in the top tier while on the other hand if it was say......oh.....just anyone else they would be dropped like a stone into the next level of the game.........................BUT....everyone needs a strong H@NS............NO WE DONT.......we need a level playing field with the same rules for every club.
    As creditors , and presumably able to command a majority among the creditors they are in a position to accept (and force others to accept) any old s'hite.

Remember who you are dealing with here.....dodgy.

Although the old Rangers went into admin ( if I remember correctly) no deal could be made so the administration was not successful.
    Therefore they were liquidated, they are no more.

There is nothing left to go into a second administration, Sevco have never been in administration.

It would, of course, be worth any amount of points not deducted to see them actually argue this case.
    For the sake of Scottish fitba they have got to die like the original huns did....

NO...........I want them to die an even uglier death than the last scum did.

I was the walls to crumble down on Grey Skull..........and never be built again...........No that's what I want

Page 136 of 489 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast