+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 187 of 489 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    It depends on the level of investment. He will also have contacts to bring in decent players. I laughed when i heard the news of him becoming manager, but with large sums of money, you can do pretty well in Scotland and he may well do that. The one thing I am certain of though, they wont knock Celtic off their perch and it is that very thing their fans desire. All Sevco need to do compared with this season is beat the so called lesser teams. They have had the better of us all season and should be in clear second place. The cups are their only realistic hope of actual silverware, so we will get an idea early on next season of where they are at.

The existing directors put money in, there is no chance of them getting anything from their investment. No one else has come forward,
    I have serious doubts if anyone will be prepared to invest vast sums in an untried manager, of course King may come up with his usual empty promises. There is also the take over panel threat hanging over them.
    Enough money to give them an easy ride to second won’t be good enough for the hun support, so as you say, the occasional cup will be as much as they can expect.

They’re getting millions from the Boston Red Sox this week

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think he'll be ****e but we need to finally start doing our bit.
    Aye our manager needs to buck up his ideas in games against Sevco/Tims question is will he?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They’re getting millions from the Boston Red Sox this week
    More fool them then.

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    More fool them then.
    I’m not convinced it’s happening but that appears to be the plan

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m not convinced it’s happening but that appears to be the plan
    Last week it was a Hong Kong consortium this week its Yanks wonder who it will be next week? Anyway f£ck Sevco and all who sail in her.

Boy at work was saying they are getting a £25 million kitty, big outlay if your going to try and win the league with prize money of about £2million, and then of course there are around 3 or 4 qualifying rounds to negotiate before your into the Champions League bigtime money, just a disaster waiting to happen.
    If Hun shows an interest in any player the transfer fee will automatically double as will the players wage demands, disaster waiting to happen.
    Bosman signings, free transfers, players over the hill looking for a final big payday, they done all this already, disaster waiting to happen.
    It might take a few months but best we can all do is just sit back and watch the whole show come to a grinding, shuddering halt.

I really don't know what to make of this.

First, any talk of investment is sh!te. Until King complies with the takeover panel, there won't be a share issue.

In theory they could get a loan, but any savvy investor with enough money would do due diligence and run a mile until it's sorted out. They've had 6 years to find a rich fan to make an emotional investment - that hasn't happened.

And talk of directors resigning to make way for new investors is nonsense too - you can have as many directors as you like in a company. I suspect failure to comply with the TOP has made Murray and Bang-man run away before it affects them personally.

When sevco got the wonga loan from Close Brothers a few weeks ago, I thought "that would be enough to see them to the end of the season, then season ticket money should do them until at least Christmas".

Maybe the double-humping from celtic has had a catastrophic affect on season ticket sales? It hasn't actually cost anything yet to bring in Gerrard and promise him a warchest.

If gerrard does have a positive affect on season tickets, what next?
    1. keep overspending and run out of money during the season?
    2. buy one past-it big name like Barton or Alves (eg skrtel), then fill the rest of the squad with sh!te to live within their means? The People won't be happy with that
    3. King ignores the TOP, somehow manages to pocket the season ticket money (like Craig Whyte did), and then buggers off before plod get to him?

Option 3 is looking more and more likely

Nobody is going to invest in Sevco, it would be like flushing money down the toilet.

Gerrard will probably be fired before Christmas, or else he will run away when he discovers there is no money.

And I can't see him allowing Jabba to order him around.

You can get 5/2 on him being sacked by Christmas

Page 187 of 489 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast