+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 188 of 489 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

This opportunity doesn't come around all the time - clubs with this size, stature and history. I believe I can come in and make these fans happy."
    Love Gerrard's comment re "history". 6 years? Not much of a history.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    And our manager
    Has McInnes said that ?

“...it was a no-brainer”.

A perfect fit then.

I watched the Gerrard press conference (it's okay have showered since) so when asked on funding King just said Directors would continue to fund the club so didn't strike me that anything was going to change anytime soon for them so expect more loan signings and bosmans with the very occasional £0.5M - £1M signing, in other words nothing anywhere close to being able to challenge Celtic.

Set your watch for a Gerrard sacking whenever they are pumped out of SC next season (by which time they can't win the league)

Interesting appointment. On the surface it is a bit of a coup for Rangers getting Gerrard. They are obviously trying to recapitulate the Souness era by bringing in a manager who can bring in better players based on his reputation.
    That's where the positives end - Gerrard was overrated as a player and was a bit of a ned IMO. Ideally suited to Ibrox. As said many times Rangers are a complete cluster**** of a club.

I wonder how long the honeymoon will last, as the orcs will be looking for instant success. Rodgers and TGFITW will be seething as well - I suppose it will make for good copy and raise the profile of the game in Scotland.
    Last edited by Hairdrier; 04-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.

One of the "big names" being bandied around........ Fernando Torres, what a load o ****e!!!

Interesting appointment. On the surface it is a bit of a coup for Rangers getting Gerrard. They are obviously trying to recapitulate the Souness era by bringing in a manager who can bring in better players based on his reputation.
    That's where the positives end - Gerrard was overrated as a player and was a bit of a ned IMO. Ideally suited to Ibrox.

I wonder how long the honeymoon will last, as the orcs will be looking for instant success. Rogers and TGFITW will be seething as well - I suppose it will make for good copy and raise the profile of the game in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    That's where the positives end - Gerrard was overrated as a player and was a bit of a ned IMO. Ideally suited to Ibrox.

I wonder how long the honeymoon will last, as the orcs will be looking for instant success. Rogers and TGFITW will be seething as well - I suppose it will make for good copy and raise the profile of the game in Scotland.
    How many bigname players are gonna sign if they fail to qualify for Europa League?

Aye I thing Gerrard is a high profile manager appointment for them I think they will be a much stronger force next season! Wonder how many ex liverpool players he can get to sign ? See one is his number 2 Gary McAllister!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    when asked on funding King just said Directors would continue to fund the club
    If directors were still funding the club, they wouldn't have got the loan from Close Brothers. You wouldn't go to a loan shark, if you're parents offered you the money would you?

Sounds like they're out of ideas and need the fans to fund them. First via season tickets, then by things like club 1872

Page 188 of 489 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast