+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 211 of 489 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    I was sitting having a beer with fans of both the cheeks yesterday morning, Hun fan was saying that Sevco are fecked, the stadium is falling to bits and they cant afford to fix it, the season ticket money for this coming season is all but gone before a ball is kicked, Celtic fan insists that Lawell is only spending enough cash so that no other team in country can catch them up and they are quite happy to get into either of the European League group stages, Hun boy also surprisingly admitted that his club died, maybe just maybe the penny is finally dropping.
    There's been work going on at Ibrox all summer, on the roof posibly I think as there was cranes outside. They are also having a new wifi set up being put in to replace the old one at the stadium.

Everything is far from rosy at the hunnery but they will be bringing in a fair whack from the shirt deal, renaming the training ground, a new deal with 32 red and no doubt they will make a fortune from the sales of the orange and sash shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    There's been work going on at Ibrox all summer, on the roof posibly I think as there was cranes outside. They are also having a new wifi set up being put in to replace the old one at the stadium.

Everything is far from rosy at the hunnery but they will be bringing in a fair whack from the shirt deal, renaming the training ground, a new deal with 32 red and no doubt they will make a fortune from the sales of the orange and sash shirts.
    Fk the h,un c,unts. They still have bills to pay and if they dont get rid of the overpaid deadwood they wont be bringing on all the players thats been mentioned. At the moment they have got a wage bill that would give Stewarty Milne a cardiac arrest!! Hopefully they struggle as last season and against us.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post

Yep thats all very well but a lot of the cash coming in through sponsership and season tickets will already be earmarked to pay wages and service existing debts and the likes' transfer fees alone will be costing a good few million and these as is normal will be paid in instalments, having left very few seats for visiting fans this again cuts down the revenue that can be generated further on in the season, hanging in there and hoping for a few million from qualifying for the Europa League group stages is about the dodgiest decision DK has ever made.

It could fall either way. Miss out on europa league f,ucked get into europa leagues they will survive!! Basturts. Its all the money on red or black.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I don't know how this court order works or what it means for Sevco and King. I couldn't care less about them and their crook of a chairman.

What I don't get and I'm sure a lot of genuine fans must be worried about is the continued overspend. I understand (from paper talk) is that Sevco finnished last season approximately £6 million in the red, they survived off of handouts and a hefty loan which still requires to be paid off, or so I understand.

They're now signing every Tom, Dick and Harry who I would imagine are not on cheap wages either. They are continuing to accrue an astronomical wage bill based on season ticket sales while trying to service debts?? A model which basically shafted them previously.

They still owe money to numerous sources.

Am I wrong or missing something in the daily running of Sevco?? How do they expect to pay this wage bill for an entire season?
    It’s a gamble and what do gamblers do when they aren’t winning? Give up and walk away? No, they gamble more to try and recoup their losses and look for the next big win. The huns are going to throw everything into this season, if that means running up a debt to topple Celtic and get a good Euro run, then they will do it. It just depends if the debt is manageable or not, but these guys providing them with soft loans are doing so with the expectation that they WONT see their money again. They are providing money, not to keep them afloat, but to push them forward.

Sevco aren’t anywhere close to going pop yet, but they can’t sustain these levels of losses season after season. If they can topple Celtic and get a run in the Champions League then this could all be worth it, but let’s face it, it’s very unlikely to happen. Celtic are a very well run club, with huge turnover and massive profit. They could buy their way out of a sh!tstorm without even breaking a sweat.

Their dominance during hunnery absence has propelled them to financial heights. Celtic keep going further and further into the black, while the huns continue in the red and I cant see how the roles can reverse. One thing that is absolutely certain though, those blue cretins demand success and anything less than a cup this season will make all this spending null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    It’s a gamble and what do gamblers do when they aren’t winning? Give up and walk away? No, they gamble more to try and recoup their losses and look for the next big win. The huns are going to throw everything into this season, if that means running up a debt to topple Celtic and get a good Euro run, then they will do it. It just depends if the debt is manageable or not, but these guys providing them with soft loans are doing so with the expectation that they WONT see their money again. They are providing money, not to keep them afloat, but to push them forward.
    I wonder if they will fall foul of the FFP regulations (again) for next season if they continue as they are at the moment. UEFA seem to be tightening up on this - we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I don't know how this court order works or what it means for Sevco and King. I couldn't care less about them and their crook of a chairman.

What I don't get and I'm sure a lot of genuine fans must be worried about is the continued overspend. I understand (from paper talk) is that Sevco finnished last season approximately £6 million in the red, they survived off of handouts and a hefty loan which still requires to be paid off, or so I understand.

They're now signing every Tom, Dick and Harry who I would imagine are not on cheap wages either. They are continuing to accrue an astronomical wage bill based on season ticket sales while trying to service debts?? A model which basically shafted them previously.

They still owe money to numerous sources.

Am I wrong or missing something in the daily running of Sevco?? How do they expect to pay this wage bill for an entire season?
    Maybe not the whole reason, but partly because they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

They have not been in a position to challenge Celtic. In the eyes of a huge chunk of their support, that HAS to be a temporary state of affairs. If they believe they are going to be a distant second best for the foreseeable future, they will start to give up. Their fans are always threatening season ticket boycotts etc if the club isn't "run properly" by which they mean in a way that offers up a serious challenge.

So far these threats haven't been followed through but every season where they are miles off the pace ups the PR job needed to shift season tickets for the next one. This year they have appointed Gerrard, they've been linked with a gazillion players including some fancy names and have been making signings. The Weegia, who have almost as much to lose financially as football if the Huns start giving up on the club, have obediently been lunatically exaggerating "Gerrard's revolution".

They're doing this because they have to. If they said, look guys the club is skint, we can afford to bring in a couple of fresh faces but basically we'll be relying on the squad from last season with a bit of freshening up, it would be the beginning of the end. If they spend big and it doesn't work out they're phucked. If they don't spend big ST ticket sales take a dive and they're phucked. They're gambling desperately because they have no choice.
    Last edited by DollyLongstaffe; 06-07-2018 at 01:21 PM.

They've sold out completely for a friendly against Bury tonight, with apparently no Bury fans in yon wee corner. All of this on the back of their Stevie Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee euphoria. Believe me they think he is the Messiah and they will sweep all before them this season. It really is mass (wrong word perhaps) hysteria down here. I think all this hot weather is playing havoc with them. It's also disgusting to see certain areas in Glasgow awash with union flags and Northern Irish flags and red, white and blue bunting everywhere in preparation of "the walk" tomorrow. I@m getting to **** away from it.

Where are the SFA in all this? They licence football clubs and they have rules regarding not bringing the game into disrepute not to mention the "fit and proper" person issue.

King says the courts are bullying him. It's the courts ffs. They don't bully, they ensure the law is upheld.

The man's arrogance to suggest that he'll do what's in the best interests of the club and it's supporters whilst sticking two fingers up at the courts beggars belief. To me that is asking for a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure.

He's actually saying that he and his club are above the law. Being above the law, or rather thinking they wer, is what killed the first club by that name. Oh, of course, King was involved in that too. Fit and proper?

As for saying that he lives in South Africa and the courts should take that into account, he should be given plenty of time to think that one through, at Her Majesty's pleasure. He operates a company, yes a company which incorporates a club, one and the same thing, in THIS country therefore subject to this country's laws. Arrogant clunt seems to think that we, the country, should bend over backwards to let him do what he likes from afar. Sheer bloody arrogance that needs choped down at the knees.

So the SFA's role in all this? Silence, not a cheep. Where is the bringing the game into disrepute charge? Surely being charged with contempt of court for not following the law by actually owning the club/ company in accordance with company law is breaking some SFA rules let alone bringing the game into disrepute. What about the telling lies by the previous club/ company to secure UEFA licence - all gone quiet there?

Come on SFA, do the right thing and govern our game properly. Or do you still fear armaggedon?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Where are the SFA in all this? They licence football clubs and they have rules regarding not bringing the game into disrepute not to mention the "fit and proper" person issue.

King says the courts are bullying him. It's the courts ffs. They don't bully, they ensure the law is upheld.

The man's arrogance to suggest that he'll do what's in the best interests of the club and it's supporters whilst sticking two fingers up at the courts beggars belief. To me that is asking for a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure.

He's actually saying that he and his club are above the law. Being above the law, or rather thinking they wer, is what killed the first club by that name. Oh, of course, King was involved in that too. Fit and proper?

As for saying that he lives in South Africa and the courts should take that into account, he should be given plenty of time to think that one through, at Her Majesty's pleasure. He operates a company, yes a company which incorporates a club, one and the same thing, in THIS country therefore subject to this country's laws. Arrogant clunt seems to think that we, the country, should bend over backwards to let him do what he likes from afar. Sheer bloody arrogance that needs choped down at the knees.

So the SFA's role in all this? Silence, not a cheep. Where is the bringing the game into disrepute charge? Surely being charged with contempt of court for not following the law by actually owning the club/ company in accordance with company law is breaking some SFA rules let alone bringing the game into disrepute. What about the telling lies by the previous club/ company to secure UEFA licence - all gone quiet there?

Come on SFA, do the right thing and govern our game properly. Or do you still fear armaggedon?
    The SFA will do next to nothing and only look like doing anything when it was too late anyway. The courts will deal with King and that is the only way that muppet will feel the pressure.
    The only problem though is this will take time.
    I really think King doesn’t have the hard cash needed to bankroll Rangers so it is only a matter of time before it comes to light especially once Gerrard finds he is not upto the task of beating Celtic to anything.

Page 211 of 489 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast