+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1583

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Balls min. Duff and Phelps don't own the assets, and Sevco aren't the ones being sued. If BDO win then Duff and Phelps will be told to stump up cold hard cash, thats all.
    This article describes it better than I can:
    https://johnjamessite.com/2017/02/10/louden-calling/

    Something about gratuitous alienation and assets reverting. I don't claim to be a lawyer or accountant, so I'll leave it to others to determine if this has merit.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Fife
    Posts
    1,170
    I believe the Rangers EBT tax case is just to prove that the system was an illegal way of not paying proper proper​ dues. Should Hector win he will go after all concerned. If tax can be recovered then it will be. HMRC did not go to all this bother just to have a pop at Rangers, they will want to recover monies due from all concerned.

    Assuming John James and Phil McGiollabhain are correct then Sevco are not only skint but could be heading for a repeat of 2012.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Balls min. Duff and Phelps don't own the assets, and Sevco aren't the ones being sued. If BDO win then Duff and Phelps will be told to stump up cold hard cash, thats all.
    That's not right. In certain circumstances a Liquidator of a company can apply to the court to have a sale for an undervalued price to be reversed. So if Duff and Phelps did sell the Stadium or any other asset for less than it was worth then those transactions could be recalled. Duff and Phelps would also have a liability for the loss suffered so they could still be in trouble.

    All good fun.

  4. #44
    John James is the biggest idiot on the internet. 99% of the stuff written in his blogs in the last year or so has just been complete fantasy. Half of the replies are written by himself using different usernames. He's now just pandering to his fellow celtic fans and sponging cash off anyone who will listen to him.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    That's not right. In certain circumstances a Liquidator of a company can apply to the court to have a sale for an undervalued price to be reversed. So if Duff and Phelps did sell the Stadium or any other asset for less than it was worth then those transactions could be recalled. Duff and Phelps would also have a liability for the loss suffered so they could still be in trouble.

    All good fun.
    It depends on what BDO are doing in court. All I have read is that they are suing for damages for D&P not doing their job properly. They possibly could have asked the court to reduce the sale of the stadium etc but sadly they haven't from what I have read. In that case Sevco are under no threat of losing Ibrox. I think that too many people are conflating different legal concepts based on half arsed MSM reports. If it's negligence then D&P's insurers cough and my guess is that BDO are calculating that they will get an out of court cash settlement out of them.

    As for johnjames I read him with a slight pinch of salt. Would like to believe it all, but am not that naive. The stealing water from a chapel story was totally *******s, too many people too quick to believe anything bad for the Hun. But they are in a bad way and hopefully going the same way as the 1872 incarnation. I wouldn't write off jj as harshly.

  6. #46
    Apparently Sevco fans are "baffled" that one of their players played without a club logo on his shirt. Three things.

    1. I imagine the Zombies are baffled by a great many things. Not least the theory of evolution. But surely "how come we're utter ****e?" would be higher up on the Baffleometer. Or "Is Dave King in fact just lying to us constantly?"

    2. If one was forced at gun point to play for Sevco, one can imagine sensibly ripping the badge of in the tunnel to lesson the social stigma that would surely follow. It's not really that baffling.

    3. Easily fixed.

    http://http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-baffled-lee-hodson-9850255Name:  IMG_1463.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  7.7 KB
    Last edited by NewOrleansRed; 20-02-2017 at 06:14 AM.

  7. #47
    I see that idiot John James has been spouting more fantasy stuff today. An absolute clown.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    21,860
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Apparently Sevco fans are "baffled" that one of their players played without a club logo on his shirt. Three things.

    1. I imagine the Zombies are baffled by a great many things. Not least the theory of evolution. But surely "how come we're utter ****e?" would be higher up on the Baffleometer. Or "Is Dave King in fact just lying to us constantly?"

    2. If one was forced at gun point to play for Sevco, one can imagine sensibly ripping the badge of in the tunnel to lesson the social stigma that would surely follow. It's not really that baffling.

    3. Easily fixed.

    http://http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-baffled-lee-hodson-9850255Name:  IMG_1463.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  7.7 KB
    Im more baffled by Lee Hodson. Who the f@ck is he? Never heard of him

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im more baffled by Lee Hodson. Who the f@ck is he? Never heard of him
    Is it because the new club hasn't settled on a knew emblem yet?

    I'd suggest a big embroidered purple "boaby" with man glue being dispersed across the shoulder with "new club same old ****e" encircling it

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetti View Post

    I'd suggest a big embroidered purple "boaby" with man glue being dispersed across the shoulder with "new club same old ****e" encircling it
    Brilliant....

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    As for johnjames I read him with a slight pinch of salt. Would like to believe it all, but am not that naive. The stealing water from a chapel story was totally *******s, too many people too quick to believe anything bad for the Hun. But they are in a bad way and hopefully going the same way as the 1872 incarnation. I wouldn't write off jj as harshly.
    To be fair, I think the church water story started elsewhere on the internet. It was a bizarre story, but more believable than Barrie McKay being a 6m player

    His problem is that he puts out articles every day, even when there's not much to say. The comedy and football related ones are a mixed bag.
    However, we need bloggers like john james to do the proper investigative journalism that the SMSM is unwilling and incapable of doing.
    Without them, who's going to call out the corruption in the game?
    Take everything you read on the internet with a pinch of salt, but at least get a range of viewpoints - don't be fed a diet solely of lamb!

    Personally, I think sevco are running on fumes. I suspect they're trying to survive until Ashley's court case next month, then let him take the blame for going into administration.

  12. #52
    Is John James still hiding in Asia as he fears for his life?

  13. #53
    Wouldn't going into administration be a good thing for them? Clear the decks and get rid of Ashley. Also means the pressure is off them finishing behind us on merit.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Wouldn't going into administration be a good thing for them? Clear the decks and get rid of Ashley. Also means the pressure is off them finishing behind us on merit.
    They would also have either a 15 or 25 point deduction as well which could drag them into a relegation fight. Especially if it's classed as a second liquidation event (I.E if they are the same club as they claim to be).

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    They would also have either a 15 or 25 point deduction as well which could drag them into a relegation fight. Especially if it's classed as a second liquidation event (I.E if they are the same club as they claim to be).
    But they probably won't get relegated cos even though they are ****e they aren't that ****e.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Is John James still hiding in Asia as he fears for his life?
    His info seems to be absolute b0llocks.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Wouldn't going into administration be a good thing for them? Clear the decks and get rid of Ashley. Also means the pressure is off them finishing behind us on merit.
    It would also clear up the new club/old club views of our football association. New club gets a lesser points deduction than one that continued to exist. In this instance, i hope they are classed as the same club so they get hammered even further.

    I have said previously that i think they are on the ropes. Rangers old and new were always good at hiding this fact. Im sure it hasnt changed with the crook that is King!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But they probably won't get relegated cos even though they are ****e they aren't that ****e.
    Currently a 25 point deduction would leave them on 18 points, 1 point behind ICT in last place. The administrators would likely offload their highest earners (not 100% how that actually works though), so might have to field mainly youth players.

    But further on your point re Ashley I'm not sure if admin would be enough to get him off their backs, might have to be full blown liquidation again.

  19. #59
    Here's another thought - if they can survive until the split and then enter admin then would it be the case that any points deduction would leave them 6th at worst?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Here's another thought - if they can survive until the split and then enter admin then would it be the case that any points deduction would leave them 6th at worst?
    Interesting question. If they go into administration , and its a a big if, because we can only speculate, then I would assume the SFA would do all they could to limit the damage to them and of course the damage caused to Scottish Football

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •