+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 439 of 489 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    It is a Glasgow problem,when you have separate schools for Catholics and Protestants then dont be surprised at the sectarian bigotry
    Funnily enough that's what the Hun apologists are saying.

I didn't come from Glasgow but we had Catholic schools as well by the way.

You need to understand that the problem isn't Glasgow. Places out my way, West Lothian, Lanarkshire and Ayrshire that are much worse, much more simple minded.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 17-05-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Sorry i should've said its a West of Scotland problem

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Sorry i should've said its a West of Scotland problem
    I'm not from the West either. The world's a big place. You should have a wee look sometime.

There’s catholic schools in Dundee & Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s catholic schools in Dundee & Perth.
    There are 3 in Aberdeen.

One of them in Aberdeen is associated with Aberdeen Uni.
    Attended by kids of a lot of lecturers, staff and mature students from various religions and ethnic origins.
    They used to move up to same Academy that I attended , not sure if still same system , completely non denominational school.

Would be interesting to see the origins of the parents in the other two schools though.

Do not think any in the 'shire( which Glasgow doesn't have),have any .

So if you consider the size of area . It's not much in comparison with other parts of country .

Doesn't matter how many schools there is or isn't of religious types .
    It's Scotland's shame and embarrassment to us all.

State funded religion based schools are not only a disgrace but probably illegal.

If you want to bring your kids up indoctrinated in some “there’s a mannie in the sky” pish then on you go, I’m nae stopping you.
    But pay for it yourself.

Looks like Elgin, Keith, Buckie and Inverness each have one Catholic primary school.

The whole thing's bizarre in this day and age imho. Full disclosure - I was raised a Catholic until I found a way of out of it in my ****age years. Sunday morning sport - a brilliant invention for getting out of going to church!

If “ normal” schools hadn’t pushed religion in the first place there would have been no need for catholic schools.*

Religious education was compulsory when I went to school, completely ignored in my secondary school but always there or there about in primary. Assembly, hymns etc.

My only encounter with a catholic school was when we were given St.Peters as our training venue ( every tuesday, amateur fitba)

Like most primary schools, there were loads of paintings on the walls, all of them f’uckin religious.

So, after what I’m sure you’ll all agree was an in depth inquest, my conclusion is catholic schools push religion more than normal schools.

* and allowed catholic kids to achieve a decent education
    Last edited by donsdaft; 17-05-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Page 439 of 489 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449 ... LastLast