+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    All supporters of all clubs should now put the pressure on to get all these trophy's and titles declared null and void.

No one is asking to be declared champions in their place.
    No one is asking to be compensated for not appearing in Europe.
    No one is asking for the prize money they missed out on.

Just that the records be altered to show trophy or title withheld.

There is precedent for this , 1909 Scottish cup withheld (guess for what reason)
    Agree with this. Would hate to now *win* one of the fake trophies, but they should be void, and records amended to show every one they won had no winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Now that what has been blindingly obvious to us since this whole pantomime came to light - they CHEATED - has been confirmed, three things need to happen:

1. Regan and Doncaster must resign immediately. Their behaviour in protecting the entities at Ibrox in the last 7 years has left them brutally compromised after today's ruling.
    2. The Lord Nimmo Smith Commission ruling must be declared void. No need for a new commission - the Court of Session and Supreme Court have already made a decision that can be interpreted simply - they gained unfair sporting advantage by CHEATING.
    3. An appropriate football penalty must be imposed by the SFA and SPFL. Under the 5-Way agreement, footballing liabilities transfer to the new entity - Sevco - therefore the new club must be held to account.

It's interesting reading the BBC pieces today and seeing them bend over backwards to state that this ruling has no impact on the current "company that runs Rangers". This is boll0cks - of course it has to affect them. They are the continuation of the entity that died in 2012 and under the 5-way agreement have to be liable for footballing penalties. In any case, how can anyone deny they are not a phoenix organization when 3 of the current Directors are the very same that were in place prior to liquidation?

Will be interesting to see what happens next. Our Chairman's position is to implore us to "move on". Sorry Stewart - no chance! I, for one shelled out cash and emotional energy following Aberdeen FC, and all the while one club was financially doping itself to the point we could not compete. This industrial scale cheating cannot be allowed to be forgotten about.
    Milne should be the one who is the most livid, having had to spend millions over that period with no chance of seeing a return due to Rangers blatant cheating. He can f*ck off if he thinks we will just lay down and accept this.

As for Doncaster and Regan, they are complicit in this and HAVE to go. They cannot oversee an investigation into something that they themselves were involved in. They knew it was happening and they allowed it. If Rangers are guilty, then they are as equally guilty and must resign. That pressure has to come from the clubs though, but im not sure the appetite is even there.

The fans themselves have a duty to see justice for the years they were ripped off, but they also have a duty to protect future fans. It would absolutely incredible if Sevco could walk away from this without a scratch... and the SPFL will do everything they can to make that happen. The SPFL will argue its a different company, but according to them it is the same club, so surely they have to be punished. They ported over the history, so they have to accept responsibility for any wrongdoing.

I will put it out there, i have been a season ticket holder for a very long time, but if nothing is done about this then this season will be the last. Its not an overreaction, its not to punish our club, its because im not ploughing money into a game that is corrupt and fixed. Its like sticking money into a puggy that you know is rigged not to pay out, you just wouldnt do it!

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Agree with this. Would hate to now *win* one of the fake trophies, but they should be void, and records amended to show every one they won had no winner.
    Exactly and when people look back they see "no winner" they think of Rangers (RIP) the cheating c@nts. It will forever be the shame of Scottish football

But we all know there is no chance of this

The 41 teams should all release statements demanding something should be done i.e the two ****s resign and the trophies are stripped with no winner.

You never know 41 v 1+SFA might manage to get something done

Anyone with a legal background on here? Does this sound right?

If I had been a season ticket holder throughout over a decade of cheating, that would amount to several thousand pounds spent.

I would have been paying to watch a competition regulated by the SPL and SFA. If it's subsequently found that the regulators have failed in their duties to uphold their own rules, then surely I would have a case for damages against them?

You don't need the clubs to do anything, and you don't need to harm your own club by threatening to boycott. Instead get enough season ticket holders across all clubs together and start a class action against the SFA to refund the money paid for season tickets.

Watch the SFA soil themselves when faced with a multi-million pound compensation bill. Regan and Doncaster only care about their bonuses. They'll remove the cheated titles before you can say 'corrupt'

I was never a season ticket holder during the cheating years, but I'll happily donate to crowd funding legal fees if someone sets this up.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    They used it with juninho but came to an settlement with HMRC when it was ruled to be a violation (as did the English clubs that used them).
    What Celtic did would still classify as cheating as far as I'm concerned. The difference between them and Rangers is that when it became apparent they might get into trouble with this they had enough resources to cover what they owed. Rangers on the other hand had used EBTs so extensively that it was impossible for them to cover it - they had almost structured their entire club around the use of EBTs, putting tens of millions of pounds in over a sustained period.

Celtic compensated HMRC for it at a later date, but they didn't pay any footballing price for using EBTs to gain an advantage on the pitch.

( In response to kb-don )
    Dinna see it would work. Ethically, and morally, I agree there's a good case tae put things right, but legally, ye would struggle. Ye could raise a civil action, but that would cost ye in legal fees.
    I am pretty sure the case would hinge upon what you have agreed tae pay for. As I understand, yer ticket price is in exchange for the right of admission to the ground to watch a game o fitba. Nothin more.

I may be wrang, but that's ma tuppence worth .... and if ye dinna like it, ye can tak ma tae court for yer tuppence back!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    What Celtic did would still classify as cheating as far as I'm concerned. The difference between them and Rangers is that when it became apparent they might get into trouble with this they had enough resources to cover what they owed. Rangers on the other hand had used EBTs so extensively that it was impossible for them to cover it - they had almost structured their entire club around the use of EBTs, putting tens of millions of pounds in over a sustained period.

Celtic compensated HMRC for it at a later date, but they didn't pay any footballing price for using EBTs to gain an advantage on the pitch.
    Did Celtic have illegal side letters ? Were any of their players illegally registered ?

For me this is the biggest issue for the SFA. The players registration was fruadulent, and the precedent is there, any match with a wrongly registered player, is awarded to the opposition.

All games during this period should be decalred null and void, AS PER SFA RULES

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Anyone with a legal background on here? Does this sound right?

If I had been a season ticket holder throughout over a decade of cheating, that would amount to several thousand pounds spent.

I would have been paying to watch a competition regulated by the SPL and SFA. If it's subsequently found that the regulators have failed in their duties to uphold their own rules, then surely I would have a case for damages against them?

You don't need the clubs to do anything, and you don't need to harm your own club by threatening to boycott. Instead get enough season ticket holders across all clubs together and start a class action against the SFA to refund the money paid for season tickets.

Watch the SFA soil themselves when faced with a multi-million pound compensation bill. Regan and Doncaster only care about their bonuses. They'll remove the cheated titles before you can say 'corrupt'

I was never a season ticket holder during the cheating years, but I'll happily donate to crowd funding legal fees if someone sets this up.
    I think you would have a problem making a claim for damages. Everyone (me included) would sympathize with your position assuming you had been a season ticket holder. I am one btw.

The problem would be, that you would need to show a link, in the legal sense, between any failure on the part of the SFA or SPFL and your position and you would also need to show that you had suffered a loss as a direct consequence. Don't want to get too technical but you would have difficulty in establishing a claim unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Well nothing will change and don't expect it too. Just continue to moan that its rigged, but support it at the same time.

By not listening to supporters the club is ruining it themselves. Each to their own, I must not be a "real fan"
    This with bells on etc

We all know its corrupt...we moan and complain...and still hand over our cash...who are the mugs...we are

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Milne should be the one who is the most livid, having had to spend millions over that period with no chance of seeing a return due to Rangers blatant cheating. He can f*ck off if he thinks we will just lay down and accept this.

As for Doncaster and Regan, they are complicit in this and HAVE to go. They cannot oversee an investigation into something that they themselves were involved in. They knew it was happening and they allowed it. If Rangers are guilty, then they are as equally guilty and must resign. That pressure has to come from the clubs though, but im not sure the appetite is even there.

The fans themselves have a duty to see justice for the years they were ripped off, but they also have a duty to protect future fans. It would absolutely incredible if Sevco could walk away from this without a scratch... and the SPFL will do everything they can to make that happen. The SPFL will argue its a different company, but according to them it is the same club, so surely they have to be punished. They ported over the history, so they have to accept responsibility for any wrongdoing.

I will put it out there, i have been a season ticket holder for a very long time, but if nothing is done about this then this season will be the last. Its not an overreaction, its not to punish our club, its because im not ploughing money into a game that is corrupt and fixed. Its like sticking money into a puggy that you know is rigged not to pay out, you just wouldnt do it!
    Well said Stupid, but be careful you may not be a real fan... or killing the club you love.

I do ask these people who believe that, what action do they intend too take IF nothing is done? If our club does nothing, what effective action do you plan? If the SFA/SPFL do nothing, what will you do?

Our club is guilty of not listening to its supporters in the past and guilty of not proposing changes to the voting structure of Scottish football when rangers died. It time they took supporters a little more seriously than they do.

So do tell us what effective action will be taken if the authorities and our club do nothing?

Page 69 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast