+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 489 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Interesting question. If they go into administration , and its a a big if, because we can only speculate, then I would assume the SFA would do all they could to limit the damage to them and of course the damage caused to Scottish Football
    I've no idea what the rules are regarding this & I very much doubt the SFA have made them up yet. Given that it's possible to finish higher up with a lower points total anyway, I doubt they'd be placed lower than 6th if they went tits up post split

Interesting question. If they go into administration , and its a a big if, because we can only speculate, then I would assume the SFA would do all they could to limit the damage to them and of course the damage caused to Scottish Football
    They really should be papped out for bringing the game into disrepute if they do go into administration.

A 25 point deduction is for a second insolvency event within 5 years. If you take 5 years from the date dead club first went into admin, as opposed to going into liquidation, then it's just 15 points. I'm sure that's the way the SFA will see it

Again, take this with a large pinch of salt, but administration may not be that much use to them.
    - Some people reckon Ashley has the merchandise rights sewn up so that he'd retain them after admin or liquidation - a new owner won't make much from it unless they rebrand completely
    - Again, some people reckon it will cost £9m to replace the dodgy roofs on 3 stands - that doesn't go away with admin
    - The majority of their debt is to shareholders/directors - they would kiss goodbye any chance of getting their money back by going into admin
    - They could get rid of some high earners by going into administration, but King showed last week how to get rid of 3 of them anyway

Having said all that, I still reckon they'll go under, as there will come a point when people realise there's no point throwing more money at a lost cause.

Meanwhile on Rangers Media there's a thread about how Frank de Boer is the prime candidate to take the manager's job and he should be given £20million to rebuild the squad.

So who's deluded? Us or them? I lose track these days...

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Meanwhile on Rangers Media there's a thread about how Frank de Boer is the prime candidate to take the manager's job and he should be given £20million to rebuild the squad.

So who's deluded? Us or them? I lose track these days...
    I ask myself that question at times. I know they a heard of knuckledragging wallopers, but surely to f*ck there is some sort of common sense amongst that lot. Frank De Boer, £20M ... they are verging on the point of insanity. All i see is statements like "a club as big as ours" or "a club this size".... when will they realise they aren't a big club and that the big club died with liquidation. Whats worse is that they went through hell due to their reckless spending habits and yet are quite willing to do it all over again. Crazy stufff.

I ask myself that question at times. I know they a heard of knuckledragging wallopers, but surely to f*ck there is some sort of common sense amongst that lot. Frank De Boer, £20M ... they are verging on the point of insanity. All i see is statements like "a club as big as ours" or "a club this size".... when will they realise they aren't a big club and that the big club died with liquidation. Whats worse is that they went through hell due to their reckless spending habits and yet are quite willing to do it all over again. Crazy stufff.
    That is the problem with the gloryhunters who make up most of sevco 2012s fanbase-they are not realistic and the truth hurts them, no wonder they are so bitter and angry. When the previous hun outfit went through a barren period from about 76-86 all the gloryhunting bigots vanished with crowds round about the 6000 mark. They hun mk1 were a small club whom we used to hammer all the time back then.
    Last edited by EintrachtFrankfurt; 22-02-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Whispers that they have failed to pay Morton their share of gate receipts from the cup tie.

No idea if true or not but I like the rumour anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Whispers that they have failed to pay Morton their share of gate receipts from the cup tie.

No idea if true or not but I like the rumour anyway.
    You're 2 days late with that rumour, they coughed up on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You're 2 days late with that rumour, they coughed up on Monday
    Hence why I said no idea if it was true. Only heard that today. Cheers for your authoritative reply though.

Rangers are still good for the odd laugh these days, but they are not a patch on hilarity they provided on their 'journey' through the leagues. I kinda miss Charlie Green, shambolic AGM's and the 5 Newcastle Loan players.

Page 7 of 489 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast