+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    This with bells on etc

We all know its corrupt...we moan and complain...and still hand over our cash...who are the mugs...we are
    They will expect it to "blow over"

Normal service will resume shortly, just as it has in GFA headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Well said Stupid, but be careful you may not be a real fan...
    Nae need for name calling, min

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    I do apologise, my laptop does not seem to like the word Stupie...

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Close enough

My worry in all of this is that we have all become so scunnered that we just let it go and think f*ck it. I ask those that feel that way, about how they will feel when Sevco start to win titles and cups again, because they will. Right now we are getting a great laugh at their expense, but when the dusts settles, they get a decent manager in and one who buys decent players, the time will have past to twist the knife. There is no better time than now to really punish them for the years of cheating.

If we just leave it be, then we can look forward to more years of hearing about how they are the "worlds most successful club", 54 titles and all that pish! It was at both YOUR'S and the CLUB you supports expense when they won those trophies. How do we respond... the same as we did when we made sure Sevco didnt start in the Premier league, we pressure our own club. One could argue its not the clubs fault, but if they sit on their hands and accept cheating is okay, then we have an issue. We arent talking about 1 ineligible player here, were talking about an ineligible club!

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Well said Stupid, but be careful you may not be a real fan... or killing the club you love.

I do ask these people who believe that, what action do they intend too take IF nothing is done? If our club does nothing, what effective action do you plan? If the SFA/SPFL do nothing, what will you do?

Our club is guilty of not listening to its supporters in the past and guilty of not proposing changes to the voting structure of Scottish football when rangers died. It time they took supporters a little more seriously than they do.

So do tell us what effective action will be taken if the authorities and our club do nothing?
    I'll complain about it, I'll make arguments about it, and I'll support any sensible attempt to rectify the damage that was done. What you're proposing, however, is a boycott of our own club to protest at something Rangers did. That's not effective action, it's not remotely sensible, and it's something that will only damage us and will do absolutely nothing to Rangers. You're welcome to do it, but at the moment you're more or less on a high horse pretending that anyone who doesn't join you in this folly doesn't care about Rangers cheating, which is a complete nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    I'll complain about it, I'll make arguments about it, and I'll support any sensible attempt to rectify the damage that was done. What you're proposing, however, is a boycott of our own club to protest at something Rangers did. That's not effective action, it's not remotely sensible, and it's something that will only damage us and will do absolutely nothing to Rangers. You're welcome to do it, but at the moment you're more or less on a high horse pretending that anyone who doesn't join you in this folly doesn't care about Rangers cheating, which is a complete nonsense.
    In my opinion, if the club chooses to do nothing, then they are as corrupt as Rangers. Any club that can sit back and accept that as okay doesnt deserve the backing of its fans, who spend there hard earned on seeing a competitive sport. All integrity was lost in the years they cheated and now AFC know that it was illegal, they should be doing everything they can to make sure that their fans are represented and that action is taken. If the SPFL then chose not to do it, then that isnt the clubs fault, but we should be pressuring them nonetheless.

Sitting back and just burying our head in the sand is why this happened in the first place. For too long there have been two clubs who have dictated the way our game is run, for me its time for the rest of the clubs to stand up and go against the grain.

The best place to start would be with the national team. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of the Tranny army don't follow club football, so won't be fussed about this in the slightest.

Milne should be representing our interests, as this directly affected us and the club. He won't bother his @rse though because it might upset the folk he likes cutting about with.

This won't end with anyone being satisfied with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The best place to start would be with the national team. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of the Tranny army don't follow club football, so won't be fussed about this in the slightest.

Milne should be representing our interests, as this directly affected us and the club. He won't bother his @rse though because it might upset the folk he likes cutting about with.

This won't end with anyone being satisfied with the outcome.
    Fan power forced folk like Milne to act before.
    Why can't it work again?
    it needs to be relentless, co-ordinated and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Fan power forced folk like Milne to act before.
    Why can't it work again?
    it needs to be relentless, co-ordinated and consistent.
    If someone were to make up a letter template advising the club that if they don't make a stance on this and pressure the SFA to take action then the sender will not be renewing/buying a season ticket, not attending any games this & NEXT season.

Several thousand emails letters stating this might be enough to force the clubs hand to do something. And if every club's fans done likewise forcing their club to do the same it might just be enough to make the SFA do something.

It worked before so it can work again!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    complain about it - we all are doing that just now
    Make arguments about it - we are all doing that just now
    support any sensible attempt to rectify the damage - We await your proposal

If our club chooses to do nothing, to sit back and accept the situation as it is, it does not deserve our support in my opinion. Without the fans money, the club is nothing. Its time the club started to speak and act for its support, not the support of another club.

For the record my protest started at the start of last season when sevco came into the league. I simply did not renew my season ticket on the basis that "normal service had resumed". The league had a chance to change, to change the dominance of two teams and we never made any effort to make that change. The league voting rights really annoys me.

I don't care what others do, I find it amusing that folk moan, argue valid points and then pay their money every week or buy a season ticket, often saying they are sick of the way the games run and that change is needed.

I am sure we all know that if revenue does not decline or is threatened with decline, then its only fair for those that run the club to assume they are getting it right. I am sure Stewart Milne does not bring down house sale prices when he is selling more houses than ever?

So what action would be effective that would not damage the club and if it would not damage the club why would they suddenly listen?

Page 70 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast