+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 489 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Club 1872 Statement on Neil Lennon

Club 1872 would like to commend the restraint of the Rangers support following a clear attempt by Hibernian manager, Neil Lennon, to incite trouble at yesterday’s game at Ibrox.

Rangers and Club 1872 are always keen to remind our supporters of their duty to act as ambassadors for our club but that duty is not one that applies only to Rangers supporters.

Mr Lennon has previous for abusing and goading both Rangers staff and supporters. He seems completely unable to control himself at Ibrox. We can only speculate as to why. His actions in the dugout yesterday - where he made various inflammatory gestures to the supporters sitting directly behind the Hibernian dugout - were not becoming of any football manager, never mind one who likes to play the victim when things do not go his way. It is inexplicable that the fourth official chose to take no action against him at the time but, against the backdrop of possibly the worst refereeing performance ever seen at Ibrox, perhaps we should not be surprised.

Mr Lennon has been extensively quoted in the media as saying that he “didn’t make a gesture”. If that quote is accurate then he is not only irresponsible but a liar.

Had a Rangers supporter reacted to Mr Lennon’s actions yesterday then we would no doubt have been treated to further dramatic headlines about the persecution he has to suffer. Instead we have seen several media commentators make jokes about Lennon’s conduct. It is only because of the good sense of our supporters that they are in a position to do so.

Police Scotland categorised this match as high risk due to the behaviour of Hibernian supporters at the Scottish Cup Final in 2016 when Rangers players were attacked on the pitch. Neil Lennon knew that and he knew he had a responsibility to act in an appropriate manner. He shirked that responsibility and reverted to type.

We hope that Police Scotland will speak directly to Mr Lennon over the coming days and at the very least give him a warning over his future conduct at Ibrox. We also expect the SPFL to take action against Mr Lennon over his failed attempt to incite trouble.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company.

Fans groups up in arms over Neil Lennon 'gestures'. Absolutely despise the man, but fan groups making statements over him celebrating is laughable... what happened to the no one likes them and they dont care pish

The huns really are pushing this anti-Rangers agenda thing with referees too. Short memories considering only the week before Motherwell were denied a penalty for the very same thing the huns were awarded one for. Expect even more biased refereeing towards those cuunts in the next few weeks. Deluded club.

Jeezus, have the Polis not got enough to do?
    Last edited by RealPompeyDon; 14-08-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPompeyDon View Post
    Jeezus, have the Polis not got enough to do?
    No - because he was inciting the mob (who need little provocation). I think the issue is that the polis don't do enough!!!! (I imagine the rancid abuse flung his way) but also the IRA songs ringing round on friday night etc etc...

Ideally it would be laughed off as fun but we know we live in a league where the privileged ache to pretend they are downtrodden.

More generally every other club in scotland can have a level of banter that doesn't cross any reasonable adult 'line' but the zombie half of the cheeks decided that hibs deserved it for daring to beat them 2 years ago! So 'celt for life' decided to join in... screw him. Ruining it for everyone else....

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    No - because he was inciting the mob (who need little provocation). I think the issue is that the polis don't do enough!!!! (I imagine the rancid abuse flung his way) but also the IRA songs ringing round on friday night etc etc...

Ideally it would be laughed off as fun but we know we live in a league where the privileged ache to pretend they are downtrodden.

More generally every other club in scotland can have a level of banter that doesn't cross any reasonable adult 'line' but the zombie half of the cheeks decided that hibs deserved it for daring to beat them 2 years ago! So 'celt for life' decided to join in... screw him. Ruining it for everyone else....
    Correct they need little provocation, which makes it all the more laughable. They are grown men and if popcorn teeth celebrating winds them up so much they need to phone the police, then maybe the football really isnt for them. If i was the copper who got that call, i would pish my breeks with laughter and tell them to get a grip. Who cares about Lennon and what his antics are, he is detestable at best, but the orcs getting wound up by him only goes to show that they are a different kind of stupid.

The complaint to the police mentions that he "cupped his ears" in thw direction of the troglodytes when Hibs equalised.

Precious wee knobends

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Correct they need little provocation, which makes it all the more laughable. They are grown men and if popcorn teeth celebrating winds them up so much they need to phone the police, then maybe the football really isnt for them. If i was the copper who got that call, i would pish my breeks with laughter and tell them to get a grip. Who cares about Lennon and what his antics are, he is detestable at best, but the orcs getting wound up by him only goes to show that they are a different kind of stupid.
    ...that's kinda my point - if we could/should all have a bit of back and forth (until the safe-spacers move in) but he's doing stuff that HE KNOWS results in rabid behavior domestic violence etc... and will legitimizs anything else that happens as 'fair play'!

It just empathises the back and forth that dominates our football - it is harmful to just mock their response rather than call it out as a bizarre religious proxy war that is spoiling everyone's enjoyment of football.....

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...that's kinda my point - if we could/should all have a bit of back and forth (until the safe-spacers move in) but he's doing stuff that HE KNOWS results in rabid behavior domestic violence etc... and will legitimizs anything else that happens as 'fair play'!

It just empathises the back and forth that dominates our football - it is harmful to just mock their response rather than call it out as a bizarre religious proxy war that is spoiling everyone's enjoyment of football.....

" Cupping his ears towards the Hun fans when Hibs scored." A perfectly reasonable response I`d say.

If he`d got out an imaginary flute and started to play it. That would be stupid religious provocation ?

Oh no, that`s aloud down there isn`t it ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    " Cupping his ears towards the Hun fans when Hibs scored." A perfectly reasonable response I`d say.

If he`d got out an imaginary flute and started to play it. That would be stupid religious provocation ?

Oh no, that`s aloud down there isn`t it ?!!
    Exactly. I thnk Lennons response was pretty quiet as i imagine/can guarantee the abuse he was getting from behind him should have been arrestable by law if the laws were put into practice

Also i see there was no mention in the troglodytes statement of the death threats Lennon has recieved since

I know he got a kick in one night in Glasgow but I used to see him every week walk down Byres Road to Tennant's like the man from the funeral. Not once did he get any grief. Another reason that proves the shires are worse than Glasgow...albeit the West end.

Seen him and Thompson in the Drake on Woodlands Rd once absolutely blootered. Thompson was trying to batter into this schemie burd. I stood on a gay mans tiny dog. The rest of the night passed without incident. Not sure what point I'm trying to make here, other than Huns are whining c*nts

Page 96 of 489 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast