+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 280 of 489 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But it'll still be bigger?

You budget wangs don't even understand your own excuses.

You still not had enough relief from this morning? Youngsters, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

You still not had enough relief from this morning? Youngsters, I tell you.
    To quote you...

"LOL Nice deflection, can't answer the question"

To quote you...

"LOL Nice deflection, can't answer the question"
    Come on Aldo, despite your authoritative claim on English, your question wasn't even a question, it was a statement.

But it'll still be bigger?
    Did you mean "But, will it still be bigger?"?

I believe I already answered that in post 2789

No, I don't think that we will outspend them, but their budgets may be restricted such that its not as large a difference and they are unable to entice players like Shinnie from us.
    I think we need a bit of a reality check here. Whilst sevco may end up picking up some cheaper players like Stewart and Hastie (and already signed Jones and Kamara) the thought that they are unable to entice any Aberdeen player for money reasons is I'm afraid laughable. There are plenty of valid reasons for an Aberdeen player not to want to go to the b@stard garden but sadly money won't be one of them.

Just a few numbers to back this up. The total wage bill (so all staff not just players) for sevco last season (latest info available) was £24Million, which compares with £8.5Million for us. For the first six months of the current season sevco have said their total costs are up £10Million, they haven't said how much of that is staff costs but it is safe to assume that it will be circa £6M-£7M for staff costs. We don't report six monthly results but it's safe to assume our staff costs will be little changed from last season, maybe £500K higher at most? So for this season you are probably looking at sevco having a wage bill of circa £35Million and us £9Million.

Just to show what sevco are up against, their £24Million of wages for last season compares with celtic staff costs of £59Million for the same period. Anybody who says that budgets don't matter over a 38 game season are sadly kidding themselves. Different story in a one-off cup match though.

Come on Aldo, despite your authoritative claim on English, your question wasn't even a question, it was a statement.

Did you mean "But, will it still be bigger?"?

I believe I already answered that in post 2789
    I've made no such claim. You did claim "bolded" was a word and I can't let that go and there's no need for an apostrophe. It was a valid question which we all know the answer of.

I can't help but that someone that is happy to back Milne is also looking on with interest to see Sevco ****ing up financially.

We had our chance. Thank Milne and co for that. Have a go at that spinless Hun for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think we need a bit of a reality check here. Whilst sevco may end up picking up some cheaper players like Stewart and Hastie (and already signed Jones and Kamara) the thought that they are unable to entice any Aberdeen player for money reasons is I'm afraid laughable. There are plenty of valid reasons for an Aberdeen player not to want to go to the b@stard garden but sadly money won't be one of them.

Just a few numbers to back this up. The total wage bill (so all staff not just players) for sevco last season (latest info available) was £24Million, which compares with £8.5Million for us. For the first six months of the current season sevco have said their total costs are up £10Million, they haven't said how much of that is staff costs but it is safe to assume that it will be circa £6M-£7M for staff costs. We don't report six monthly results but it's safe to assume our staff costs will be little changed from last season, maybe £500K higher at most? So for this season you are probably looking at sevco having a wage bill of circa £35Million and us £9Million.

Just to show what sevco are up against, their £24Million of wages for last season compares with celtic staff costs of £59Million for the same period. Anybody who says that budgets don't matter over a 38 game season are sadly kidding themselves. Different story in a one-off cup match though.
    All valid points, but I was making a point about Shinnie.
    Many in here had him on a pre-contract with them and I understand that the offer provided to Shinnie is not far off what Jack got to go there, so making it a viable question to consider why he would want to go there for very little difference in money, given his family are from the north east and he’s seen how Jack is treated whenever he returns.

The fact they are paying so much for the likes of Defoe and co is irrelevant to how much their willing to pay for pur captains.

All valid points, but I was making a point about Shinnie.
    Many in here had him on a pre-contract with them and I understand that the offer provided to Shinnie is not far off what Jack got to go there, so making it a viable question to consider why he would want to go there for very little difference in money, given his family are from the north east and he’s seen how Jack is treated whenever he returns.

The fact they are paying so much for the likes of Defoe and co is irrelevant to how much their willing to pay for pur captains.
    I am led to believe that Jack is paid £15K per week at sevco, so if Shinnie has been offered anything close to that then that will be comfortably more than we will have offered him. As I said earlier there are many valid reasons not to want to darken their doors, one of which is how he will be treated when he comes back to Aberdeen as well as how he will be treated by the other half of Glasgow when living in that part of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I am led to believe that Jack is paid £15K per week at sevco, so if Shinnie has been offered anything close to that then that will be comfortably more than we will have offered him. As I said earlier there are many valid reasons not to want to darken their doors, one of which is how he will be treated when he comes back to Aberdeen as well as how he will be treated by the other half of Glasgow when living in that part of the world
    I think that's a myth to be honest. McGregor, Izaquirre, Defoe and Scott Sinclair all live next to me and none of them get any grief at all. I used to see Windass wonder about the town without any hassle either. I know where Hayes and Christie live and they are very happy where they are, particularly Hayes' wife.

It's not like they are living in Bridgeton.

I think that's a myth to be honest. McGregor, Izaquirre, Defoe and Scott Sinclair all live next to me and none of them get any grief at all. I used to see Windass wonder about the town without any hassle either. I know where Hayes and Christie live and they are very happy where they are, particularly Hayes' wife.

It's not like they are living in Bridgeton.
    Rules

The mouth breather can't possibly be on 15k a week?

Page 280 of 489 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast