+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's another thought - if they can survive until the split and then enter admin then would it be the case that any points deduction would leave them 6th at worst?

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Here's another thought - if they can survive until the split and then enter admin then would it be the case that any points deduction would leave them 6th at worst?
    Interesting question. If they go into administration , and its a a big if, because we can only speculate, then I would assume the SFA would do all they could to limit the damage to them and of course the damage caused to Scottish Football

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Interesting question. If they go into administration , and its a a big if, because we can only speculate, then I would assume the SFA would do all they could to limit the damage to them and of course the damage caused to Scottish Football
    I've no idea what the rules are regarding this & I very much doubt the SFA have made them up yet. Given that it's possible to finish higher up with a lower points total anyway, I doubt they'd be placed lower than 6th if they went tits up post split

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    They really should be papped out for bringing the game into disrepute if they do go into administration.

A 25 point deduction is for a second insolvency event within 5 years. If you take 5 years from the date dead club first went into admin, as opposed to going into liquidation, then it's just 15 points. I'm sure that's the way the SFA will see it

Again, take this with a large pinch of salt, but administration may not be that much use to them.
    - Some people reckon Ashley has the merchandise rights sewn up so that he'd retain them after admin or liquidation - a new owner won't make much from it unless they rebrand completely
    - Again, some people reckon it will cost £9m to replace the dodgy roofs on 3 stands - that doesn't go away with admin
    - The majority of their debt is to shareholders/directors - they would kiss goodbye any chance of getting their money back by going into admin
    - They could get rid of some high earners by going into administration, but King showed last week how to get rid of 3 of them anyway

Having said all that, I still reckon they'll go under, as there will come a point when people realise there's no point throwing more money at a lost cause.