+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 118 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Newco are an absolute disaster at board level.
    How anyone in footballing circle's would want to work for that club defies belief that's why I cannot see DM being interested whatsover.

No credibility at all, run by a criminal chairman with no idea whatsover, yet the Gullibles do nothing in protest.

The days of a Newco challenge are over, to much infighting and no cash whatsoever. Its a case of bring on a manager sack them and repeat scenario. A whole series of poor mangerail decisions just goes on and on .

Question Why would DM leave this club. He is happy and has a board and players he can work with.

To go to the Asbestos Pit, whats the point, unlikely they can even get a Euro spot and forget ever challenging Celtic financially on the field for the foreseeable future

There is no way Newcos financial position is going to get any better under the current board, infact its on a knife edge now.
    Cannot wait for falsified accounts to come out very soon. Lies and more lies, signed off inhouse that's how bad things are

So really, can anyone really see DM going there. The likes of McLeish / Billy Davies maybe only coz they are unemployed and no compensation required.

I am loving it . Newco are pure comedy gold and a complete laughing stock in football circles

Honestly, I think some folk on here have a weird kind of cuckoldry fetish and get off on the idea of McInnes pondering a move to the h*ns.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    As I said, it wouldn’t surprise me.
    Half my mind is thinking ahead to who I’d want (or more importantly, who the Alford need would want as replacement).
    And also, if DM did go, would he try and take Shinnie/Lewis/McLean with him?
    The Huns would find the money.
    The next week or two will tell all I suppose.
    Why would he? He would fail with the 3 mentioned. Far higher level of player needed.

Well there would be more money to spend no doubt.

But there's a huge gap in price but not in talent between a £500,000 player and a £5,000,000 player.

The extra £100,000 needed to buy a Louis Moult would be there and I'm sure McInnes would quickly build a team better that we have at Pittodrie now.

How long would that please the hoards do you think?

His arm would be twisted to pay more, then more again.

They need to be seen to be paying more.

2 years later he's sacked because they are baying for blood at being second.
    McInnes is okay at managing at a domestic level but we need to take the next step etc. etc.

Give it a miss Derek min, it's only trouble even if you succeed.

Personally think they will install Graeme Murty full time.

I don't kid myself that if the h*ns weren't a shambles, McInnes wouldn't be there in a shot. But is it really a more attractive prospect than the Sunderland job? Based on the experience of the last two managers, that's highly doubtful. Sunderland would have been a risk but one that could have paid off handsomely. Going to manage the h*ns doesn't really have a big upside (unless he intrinsically wants to manage them). It's a bit like the Scotland job really. It has a bit of residual prestige but in reality it's a sh*t sandwich. It will only appeal to those who have no other options.

It seemed more likely that he would go there after Warburton got the sack.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 27-10-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It will only appeal to those who have no other options.
    I was speaking about this last night. This has McLeish or Davies all over it because they have no other options and im pretty sure sevco dont have the option to to buy out a manager as im sure paying off Pedros remaining 29 months will nae be cheap.

I also believe that McInnes wouldnt go near it as hes a smart man(bar when playing celtic). They are a shambles at board level, they have sh@te players on long contracts, theres a director of fitba, their fans are deluded spazmos who will be on him after any slip ups. He winna want any of that

Our fans are kidding themselves.

Rangers are definitely going to ask to speak to him, they have rich investors, and then whatever happens happens.

He would have resources and player pull he won't get anywhere else except the EPL.

They have the training facilities he craves and he can buy whoever he wants.

Goodbye Derek McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Yip I agree.

Just about every ex-player, every pundit asked has said DM for the job.

Tom English, Barry Ferguson, Keith Jackshun, Kris Commons, Chris Sutton.
    They’ve all said him.
    Groundswell of opinion reckons he’s the logical choice.

Should we be planning for life after DM?

If so, who?

It’s the same routine as the summer?
    What was your list of potential managers in the summer rst?

Im pretty sure the choices back then would have diminished now for one reason or another.

Page 118 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast