+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 489 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Correct mason. Official statement now saying the the EBT case has been closed by the SPFL. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    I was at the Scotland v Portugal women's UEFA match on Sunday at Het Kasteel in Rotterdam.

The standard was rather poor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40691292

1. Scotland's fresh air kick from six yards out which would have put them 1-0 up.
    2. Scotland's fresh air kick in defence which allowed Portugal to go 1-0 up instead.

I am trying to think which level of the Scottish men's game would be the best comparison...
    You're not supposed to say that...women's sport is super duper amazing and the fastest growing sector/brand zzzzzz etc etc...which everybody is now watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    But why is it corrupt? Are all the clubs run by people from the funny handshake brigade?
    Equal parts corruption and equal parts just sheer amateurish incompetence.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in general and Scottish football governance in particular.

I know i'm thick as pigsh*t

It's been a busy week for me, but I've finally got around to making a boycott list.

While I'm sickened by the blatant cheating and Milne's condoning of it, I'm not at the point (yet) where I want to punish my own club by not buying tickets.
    However, Regan and Doncaster's bonuses both directly relate to the SFA and SPFL's income from sponsorship and broadcasting.

SFA's are here: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish....cfm?page=3305
    The SPFL's are at the bottom of their website.

Together they include:
    - Vauxhall
    - William Hill
    - Specsavers
    - McDonalds
    - Tesco Bank
    - Bank of Scotland
    - G4S
    - JD Sports
    - Mars
    - IMG
    - Avia Signs
    - Adidas
    - Park's Motor Group
    - Sky Sports
    - Irn Bru
    - Betfred
    - Sega
    - EA Sports
    - BT Sport
    - Ladbrokes
    - Impact Signs

Next stage is to contact these on social media to register disgust at them supporting corrupt institutions.
    I'll encourage everyone else to do likewise.
    Regan and Doncaster have already shown they don't give a sh!t about what fans think. Maybe they'll reconsider if it starts to hit them financially.

Club now posting a personal message from Derek McInnes imploring fans to buy ST's and get us past 11000 sales ....

Here's a novel suggestion ......

The Club issues a statement distancing itself from the SPFL and SFA positions on the Rangers EBT scandal, calling for a root and branch review of all that has occurred since 2010, especially the discredited LNS commission review.

Wonder how many extra ST's might appear after that .....

A'body's caught up with the Europa League story just now, but this one is still bubbling below the surface ....

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    - William Hill
    - Specsavers
    - McDonalds
    - Tesco Bank
    - Bank of Scotland
    - G4S
    - JD Sports
    - Mars
    - IMG
    - Avia Signs
    - Adidas
    - Park's Motor Group
    - Sky Sports
    - Irn Bru
    - Betfred
    - Sega
    - EA Sports
    - BT Sport
    - Ladbrokes
    - Impact Signs
    Sakes, min. The International Marxist Group, inveterate entryists to social democratic parties in the 1970s, are now backing this corruption.

Where is this dream of your youth?

- Vauxhall
    - William Hill
    - Specsavers
    - McDonalds
    - Tesco Bank
    - Bank of Scotland
    - G4S
    - JD Sports
    - Mars
    - IMG
    - Avia Signs
    - Adidas
    - Park's Motor Group
    - Sky Sports
    - Irn Bru
    - Betfred
    - Sega
    - EA Sports
    - BT Sport
    - Ladbrokes
    - Impact Signs
    Are you just going for these specific brands, or the parent companies too?

e.g.
    Tesco superstores, not just the bank.
    All AG Barr products, not just Irn Bru.
    BT phone lines and broadband, not just BT Sport TV.

Could make your day to day life quite restrictive!

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Are you just going for these specific brands, or the parent companies too?

e.g.
    Tesco superstores, not just the bank.
    All AG Barr products, not just Irn Bru.
    BT phone lines and broadband, not just BT Sport TV.

Could make your day to day life quite restrictive!
    No. Fun as it might be to try, I'd end up living in a hole eating grass if I avoided every single company with a connection to them. It would be easier being vegan...

It's not really a huge change for me though:
    McDonalds - I'll go to Burger King or KFC instead
    Mars - I've have a biscuit boost
    Tesco Bank - credit card was already cancelled a few months ago, so no change there
    Sky Sports - used to get Now TV day passes for dons games - I'll listen on radio instead
    Irn Bru - the missus drinks it, but will now be getting coke zero
    Betfred, Ladbrokes, William Hill - loads of other online bookies to take my money
    The rest I don't use directly

That's maybe a couple of hundred quid a year going to their competitors. If one in ten football fans did likewise, it'll hit their profit margins.

If you stop buying tickets, all it does is hurt AFC - not Doncaster and Regan - they get their money from their bonuses.
    Hit their sponsors, and the sponsors will hit them. See what happened at FIFA: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33649448

The SFA and SPFL are doing nothing about the cheating because they want to continue to milk the huns (sorry for putting that image in your heads).
    We need to show them that this will hurt them too

No. Fun as it might be to try, I'd end up living in a hole eating grass if I avoided every single company with a connection to them. It would be easier being vegan...

It's not really a huge change for me though:
    McDonalds - I'll go to Burger King or KFC instead
    Mars - I've have a biscuit boost
    Tesco Bank - credit card was already cancelled a few months ago, so no change there
    Sky Sports - used to get Now TV day passes for dons games - I'll listen on radio instead
    Irn Bru - the missus drinks it, but will now be getting coke zero
    Betfred, Ladbrokes, William Hill - loads of other online bookies to take my money
    The rest I don't use directly

That's maybe a couple of hundred quid a year going to their competitors. If one in ten football fans did likewise, it'll hit their profit margins.

If you stop buying tickets, all it does is hurt AFC - not Doncaster and Regan - they get their money from their bonuses.
    Hit their sponsors, and the sponsors will hit them. See what happened at FIFA: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33649448

The SFA and SPFL are doing nothing about the cheating because they want to continue to milk the huns (sorry for putting that image in your heads).
    We need to show them that this will hurt them too
    We are doing nothing about the cheating, in fact we are encouraging it (see chairmans recent comments).

The SFA / SPFL could argue that they are doing a great job. Attendances are on reported to be on the up and thats a sign of support for the competition they govern. The only way I see that gets the message through is to not but season tickets and or attend games or games in specific competitions.

Page 93 of 489 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast