+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 331 of 489 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    That's where it gets problematic. Is the word "fenian" sectarian for example. Celtic themselves happily self identify as fenian. That roaming in the gloamin song of there's has the line "with Saint Patrick's fenian band" in it for example.
    The point yer missin is, it's fine to refer to a black guy as a 'black guy'.

Example 1 .... - "Somebody's left their change on the counter ... did anybody see fa it wis?"
    ................. - "Ah think it was that black guy ower there"

Not racist.

Example 2 .... - "Somebody's left their change on the counter ... did anybody see fa it wis?"
    ................. - "Ah think it was that black basτard ower there."

100% racist.

So, whilst the word 'Fenian' might not be sectarian, well, you know the rest.

[QUOTE=Pacman1903;39306675]Impregnating his sister in law more like

His wife doesn't have a sister so has he been like Giggs shagging his brother's wife ?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    The point yer missin is, it's fine to refer to a black guy as a 'black guy'.

Example 1 .... - "Somebody's left their change on the counter ... did anybody see fa it wis?"
    ................. - "Ah think it was that black guy ower there"

Not racist.

Example 2 .... - "Somebody's left their change on the counter ... did anybody see fa it wis?"
    ................. - "Ah think it was that black basτard ower there."

100% racist.

So, whilst the word 'Fenian' might not be sectarian, well, you know the rest.
    Yes context is all but what I'm saying is and I'm sticking to my guns that it's not at all as clear cut as some are making out. That's why the Scottish government and lawdogs are now rowing back on their anti sectarian laws.

Personally I'd let fans sing whatever they like but I'm old school.

[QUOTE=bucky1973;39306714]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Impregnating his sister in law more like

His wife doesn't have a sister so has he been like Giggs shagging his brother's wife ?
    She has a younger sister. No stirring his brothers porridge involved

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Personally I'd let fans sing whatever they like but I'm old school.
    And that's why yer strugglin tae convince even the foolish amongst us that yer any better than a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Aye? How?

I'd have thought every club will flourish but you fill yer boots
    They’ll start on everybody else if they can’t sing their favourite tunes. Sit back & watch them play the offended card at every opportunity.

Glasgow isn’t a slum, I’m offended...Ian Durrant song is offensive...Stand Free has a sweary word...etc etc.

They’ll come out all guns blazing & will have the SFA & media to back them. They will drain every last bit of enjoyment out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They’ll start on everybody else if they can’t sing their favourite tunes. Sit back & watch them play the offended card at every opportunity.

Glasgow isn’t a slum, I’m offended...Ian Durrant song is offensive...Stand Free has a sweary word...etc etc.

They’ll come out all guns blazing & will have the SFA & media to back them. They will drain every last bit of enjoyment out the game.
    That's without all the made up tunes they supposedly hear too......
    Its all about point scoring here and they will be out to get everyone else, nothing is surer.

Shame they weren't just killed off properly when we all had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    And that's why yer strugglin tae convince even the foolish amongst us that yer any better than a hun.
    I think I'm in the majority. Most football fans would be against censorship and the continued sanitising of atmosphere and the match day experience in general. I want football grounds to be hostile environments with folk singing whatever they want, shouting whatever they want and generally letting aff steam.

[QUOTE=Pacman1903;39306790]
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post

She has a younger sister.
    Two breaches in a five-word phrase.

‘mon min.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

The horrible f@cks have been forced to close part of Ibrox as punishment for sectarian singing v St Josephs
    Just the four stands, then?

Page 331 of 489 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast