+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    The SFA are the ASSOCIATION of the CLUBS. The SPFL are also a representative body for the CLUBS.

Listening to Sportsound confirmed what we already know. Chris MacLaughlin stated that of the 8 Club office bearers he had spoken to 3 said they were categorically not interested in taking this any further and the other 5 said they had "no position on the matter". As the discussion went on Spiers, MacLaughlin and Liam MacLeod were making the point on several occasions that the ball is in the FANS' court. If WE make a racket about it and keep on pestering OUR clubs it's the only way things may change. However, if we sit back and are apathetic we'll get nothing. That's why I said my piece in a letter to Duncan Fraser and will keep sending it if either I get no direct reply or Aberdeen FC stay quiet.
    Landvetter - So in the likely event that AFC do not respond to your letter, you are going to keep sending the same letter and continue to hand over your money, despite the ignorance of ignoring you and not taking any action that the fans clearly want to see? Hows that effective?

Quite the opposite should occur in my opinion. A full house with a big f@@k-off card display all along the South Stand. Something along the lines of RFC CHEATS. I'm sure mezz and his pals could work something up?

Landvetter - Surely that rewards their silence and lack of action? Why would that suddenly spring them into action? Also, given how they are "protecting rangers" the banners would not be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    There's only one thing those b'astards will listen to and that's Scotland playing in empty stadiums.
    It's not that far off it. The England game wasn't a sell out as far as I'm aware.

The problem is that the tartan trannies don't really support football clubs in Scotland so they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N4E View Post
    This petition cannot, and will not, be taken seriously.

The originator of the petition doesn't even know which competitions the SFA and SPFL are in charge of.

The SFA cannot do anything about league titles or League Cups.

The SPFL cannot do anything about Scottish Cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Fans of every club should boycott the first game of the season. That would put the wind up the clubs arses and the SFA.
    lf the Sevco keep on playing like they are there the 1st to boycott games

Other issue we have is that Motherwell have a questionable history with money and Hearts are opening a new stand only a few years after having to pay folk off due to their cheating.

Quite the opposite should occur in my opinion. A full house with a big f@@k-off card display all along the South Stand. Something along the lines of RFC CHEATS. I'm sure mezz and his pals could work something up?

I'd split the difference - a completely empty stadium with a massive "Consequence of silence" banner along the Soother

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Landvetter - So in the likely event that AFC do not respond to your letter, you are going to keep sending the same letter and continue to hand over your money, despite the ignorance of ignoring you and not taking any action that the fans clearly want to see? Hows that effective?
    TS, I have actually received a reply from Lynn Fiske acknowledging receipt of my letter and confirming she passed it on to Duncan Fraser. Will see if I hear back from him ....

I kind of get where you are coming from with your reply. To paraphrase "we should stay away from Scottish Football i.e. Pittodrie until they do something about Rangers". I've actually already been in and left that mindset. After the LNS commission findings in 2013 that was it as far as I was concerned. I didn't set foot inside Pittodrie for over a year. However, the more I thought about it the more I came to the conclusion that ABERDEEN FC had done nothing wrong and that I shouldn't be punishing them for another Club's misdemeanours. So now I am in a place where I am content to continue to support my club. Some may say I'm being a bit naive in believing there will be a satisfactory outcome to the whole saga - fair enough.

Phil Mac notes in a blog the other day that "the people who run Aberdeen FC have been taken aback by the level of feeling of their fans about this matter". Not sure how he knows this, but if true it signals we are getting through. Just now, I'm going to give the club the benefit of the doubt and cut some slack. We have a Europa League campaign about to start and that's where everyone's attention will be. Therefore I'd be surprised if the club waded into the Rangers debate at this stage. However, once the domestic season starts it would be very disappointing if they remained silent.

With respect to the sanctions to be applied, I'm actually indifferent to the notion of title-stripping. Yes, I'd be happy if they are stripped or an asterisk is placed next to the tainted titles. Ultimately what I'm looking for is a large financial penalty as restitution to the rest of Scottish Football. A huge fine would cripple the existing entity and possibly finish them off completely. This would be a deterrent to any other club who thinks of cheating in the future.
    Last edited by Landvetter83; 10-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Other issue we have is that Motherwell have a questionable history with money and Hearts are opening a new stand only a few years after having to pay folk off due to their cheating.
    With regards to Hearts, is it not because of their administration as a result of living outwith their means, that their Foundation of Hearts setup was introduced which is generating in excess of £1m a year for the club that has enabled them to have a better projection going forward.

It seems they are still struggling to hold on to players (Patterson, Nicholson and now Walker wanting away), so they are in a position where they are not offering good enough player deals whilst they pay for the stand.

I recall reading that they may still be £3m short and when we play on the stands opening day, it may not be completed and only partly opened

Page 75 of 489 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast