+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take your hard luck stories, your great spectacle nonsense

Take your hard luck stories, your great spectacle nonsense

And ****ing ram it where the sun doesn't shine.

We blew it today, absolutely blew it. To be 2-0 up at home and then 3-2 up and still end up losing is unacceptable regardless of opposition.

We actually did okay in the first half, we looked as though we believed in ourselves and they were clearly there for the taking but what do we do? Our usual 2nd half capitulation and sit off them which inevitably led to them pulling it back to 2-2. Bad enough, but we're then gifted a third goal only for us to gift them another ****ing goal straight away. After that we were finished and it was only a matter of time before they won it and they duly did.

I honestly don't know why I bother supporting Motherwell as it's the same old script of endless kicks in the stones all the time, even when the odds are in our favour.

The only two players to come out of today with any credit are Louis Moult and Chris Cadden, the rest can **** off after yet another pathetic and gutless performance.

Watch Ainsworth in the replay of their fourth goal. He can get to f**k, as that lack of effort is totally unacceptable.

I am sorry, but I do not know what planet you are on LSM. It was a brilliant effort from the team today. We lost because they where the better team. For our players to defend as well for 100% of the time was never going to happen. It is a sign of how good Celtic are, not a sign of how bad we are. If we play as well in the rest of the games, we will finish well up the league. Our problem though is that we raised our game today, and we are not consistent enough

It certainly wasn't bad luck that cost us today - I think we actually played about as well as we could, the problem is that defensively that level is very, very low. The combination of Celtic - who are clearly at their strongest in years - coming back out fired up at half time and us tiring from what was an undeniably big effort made it a question of how many they'd score...we almost kept it to three to take a great point, in the end we didn't.

So disappointing as it was, no rage from me...the key to the season being remotely stable is getting the midfield sorted, either through getting the players we have fit or making a change in January. The defence (and gk for that matter) will still chuck them into our net when under pressure but with more protection they'll have the chance to do so less often.

Quote Originally Posted by bheron View Post
    I am sorry, but I do not know what planet you are on LSM. It was a brilliant effort from the team today. We lost because they where the better team. For our players to defend as well for 100% of the time was never going to happen. It is a sign of how good Celtic are, not a sign of how bad we are. If we play as well in the rest of the games, we will finish well up the league. Our problem though is that we raised our game today, and we are not consistent enough
    Celtic are by far the best team in Scotland but today they were out of sorts and played well within themselves so I'm afraid that your excuse of "how good Celtic are" doesn't wash here. They were there for the taking today and we found ourselves 2-0 at half time and deservedly so on the basis of the first half performances from both sides, because we actually fronted up to them and attacked them and their defence was all over the place.

However I knew it was to good to be true because we've not performed in a second half all season long and it certainly wasn't going to be any different today. If you think that our performance in the second 45 today was "a brilliant effort" then I'm delighted for you, I think you're on cloud cuckoo land though. We came out like rabbits caught in the headlights and instead of keeping it tight, we stand still and allow McGregor to waltz through our defence for 2-1 and then drop deeper and deeper, in true Motherwell fashion and it was no surprise they get a second. To then get back in the lead minutes later only to switch off completely straight from the kick off allowing them to score again was tantamount to incompetence on our part and after that it was only going to end badly for us and it did.

We did not put in a brilliant effort today, we did well in the first half but a game lasts 90 minutes and we sh@t it today.

That was a classic Motherwell bottle job.
    Last edited by LawSteelman; 03-12-2016 at 03:20 PM.

I give up !!

You and me both, I honestly feel like chucking the whole thing as I get no pleasure whatsoever from watching Motherwell these days. I'm sick to the back teeth of watching the same old script, the same failures, the same snatching defeat from the jaws of victory year in, year out. You try and convince yourself that one day it will come good for us but it never does, it's just an endless stream of crushing disappointments and so near yet so fars. I've had a season ticket for over twenty years and I reckon this will be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    It certainly wasn't bad luck that cost us today - I think we actually played about as well as we could, the problem is that defensively that level is very, very low. The combination of Celtic - who are clearly at their strongest in years - coming back out fired up at half time and us tiring from what was an undeniably big effort made it a question of how many they'd score...we almost kept it to three to take a great point, in the end we didn't.

So disappointing as it was, no rage from me...the key to the season being remotely stable is getting the midfield sorted, either through getting the players we have fit or making a change in January. The defence (and gk for that matter) will still chuck them into our net when under pressure but with more protection they'll have the chance to do so less often.
    "us tiring from what was an undeniably big effort' - yes, fair enough, but Ainsworth had just came on the park and still couldn't be arsed challenging Rogic, and that is my main gripe. Unacceptable levels of commitment from individuals, such as Ainsworth, are harder to overlook than stupid mistakes today, such as Big Ben's failure to block the through ball from Roberts.

Two up at half time against a Celtic side not playing well and what do we do in the second half? Sit back and give them all the space in the world and let them back in the game 3 minutes after the re start. Christ, a blind man could see they were going to come out firing on all cylinders. We done well in the first half, but for me the second half tactics were shocking. We sat back invited them on and got what we deserved. And yes Ainsworth was at fault big time for the fourth goal. That is why he's on the bench 99% of the time.

Our second half performances have been abysmal all season long and usually, against run off the mill opposition, having a 2-0 lead at half time has been enough to see us scrape three points as the opposition don't have enough about them to claw it back. Against Celtic that was never going to be the case and it was so predicable it was infuriating watch us sit off them without a clue what to do. Their defence was there for the taking today as we found out in the first half so the aim in the second should have been to remain competitive and attack them whenever possible. Obviously Celtic have better players and we would be pressed back at some point but that's no excuse for our lame and predictable standing about and waiting for them to score tactic that we saw at the start of the second half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)