+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fowls v Burnsley

Fowls v Burnsley

Now then Fowls lads, its time for us to visit your place again soon (and we have an awful record of results at your place dont we!).

I see Forestieri was sent off today and will miss the match against us. Who are your main threats then up front without him ?
    We rely on Sam Winnall of course and the hard working Connor Hourihanne in midfield (and when hes interested and when hes picked, we've got Adam Hammill as well).

That sounded like a really fiesty finish to the game against the Nobbers (Preston) today. What was Jermaine Beckford thinking of eh, in scrapping with his own team mate ?
    Last edited by Acido; 04-12-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Now then Fowls lads, its time for us to visit your place again soon (and we have an awful record of results at your place dont we!).

I see Forestieri was sent off today and will miss the match against us. Who are your main threats then up front without him ?
    We rely on Sam Winnall of course and the hard working Connor Hourihanne in midfield (and when hes interested and when hes picked, we've got Adam Hammill as well).

That sounded like a really fiesty finish to the game against the Nobbers (Preston) today. What was Jermaine Beckford thinking of eh, in scrapping with his own team mate ?
    Can only hope your poor run at our place continues as we need to keep up the pace. As bad as your record is at Hillsborough, Rotherham seem to have something on us and we have got them in the same week as we play you.

Forestieri will be a miss for you as much as for his creative spark and effort as his goals, he had been gettng back to his best in the last few games.
    Hooper is out injured so we will look towards Fletcher & Joao for goals. Both have been playing ok recently but are in need of goals from open play to boost confidence. If we are struggling then we could turn to the much maligned Nuhiu, who might not be the best in front of goal but usually causes problems that create chances for others. As well as the red card we had 4 go off injured on Saturday so need good news in terms of how long they will be out for.

Great result for you at the weekend and one which helped us too. Winnall seems to be doing well. Hammill looks like he has the quality but seems to have a bit of a superiority complex at times.

We deserved the win overall against Preston but had they not had 2 sent off they would probably have created 1 or 2 more chances in the last 5 minutes, would be seething if our players had blown our chances like that.

When we play your lot, it always makes me think of a certain David Hirst, remember him ? (ohh yes, his name is in your Id of course)
    Thats odd isnt it when some teams just cant be beaten, I knew it recently when we played Wigan and they did it to us again by holding on for a 0-0. We've never beaten them at home in either lg or cup. And Satdy's win shows that we have a better record away at Birmingham rather than at home to them, I just cant explain why!!
    Sam Winnall has been frustrating for us this season but I wonder where we'd be now if it wasnt for his goals. Adam Hammill has been taken down a peg or two recently by Hecky, he wasnt afraid to drop him to the bench.

I dont normally do predictions... but how about another 0-0 ?

When we play your lot, it always makes me think of a certain David Hirst, remember him ? (ohh yes, his name is in your Id of course)
    Thats odd isnt it when some teams just cant be beaten, I knew it recently when we played Wigan and they did it to us again by holding on for a 0-0. We've never beaten them at home in either lg or cup. And Satdy's win shows that we have a better record away at Birmingham rather than at home to them, I just cant explain why!!
    Sam Winnall has been frustrating for us this season but I wonder where we'd be now if it wasnt for his goals. Adam Hammill has been taken down a peg or two recently by Hecky, he wasnt afraid to drop him to the bench.

I dont normally do predictions... but how about another 0-0 ?
    'bogey teams' and teams you just can't beat whether its at home or away just doesn't make any sense sometimes does it.
    No matter how bad Rotherham have been the can come to S6 and get a result, as they proved last season.

Not a fan of predicting results and ending up with egg on my face but I will say I can't see it being 0-0. We've only had 1 this season and none at home. We had a fair few draws at home last season and I think this season Carlos is trying to push for wins rather than settle for a point if the scores are level. This has resulted in us losing more at home this time around but if we win 1 and lose 1 that's better points wise than 2 draws & there has been a lot of late goals at Hillsborough this season.

Sounds like its got the makings of a Yorkie 'thriller' about it then, with maybe somebody snatching it late on 3-2 !!
    I wish Rotherham could stay up but they are in such a mess right now, its a shame but we've got to think about our own clubs havent we.

Might be a fair few goals in this one, Im going for 2-2. Lets hope the officials dont spoil what should be a cracking south yorkshire derby

Sadly can't make it tonight, but the pre-match build up is building it up to be an early Christmas cracker - hopefully it will live up to expectations.

Two solid wins for Baaaaaaarnsley will have given them confidence, and the suspension of Fernando is a MASSIVE loss to us with others still off the boil. My heart says Wednesday win but my head says 1-1 draw.

Sounds like its got the makings of a Yorkie 'thriller' about it then, with maybe somebody snatching it late on 3-2 !!
    I wish Rotherham could stay up but they are in such a mess right now, its a shame but we've got to think about our own clubs havent we.

Bit harsh on you lot that result but I am not going to offer any apology on behalf of my team as too many times this season we have been the better side and come away with nothing.
    Barnsley played some good football but failed to take their chances and we won by 2 goals for the first time this season - that's football for you!

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    Bit harsh on you lot that result but I am not going to offer any apology on behalf of my team as too many times this season we have been the better side and come away with nothing.
    Barnsley played some good football but failed to take their chances and we won by 2 goals for the first time this season - that's football for you!
    Soft spot for Barnsley. .....Toytown on the other hand........Silly silly club.

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd View Post
    Soft spot for Barnsley. .....Toytown on the other hand........Silly silly club.
    Barnsley have been a much better run and supported club over the 30 years or so I have been following football. We need to make sure our sorry recent record at home to Rotherham doesn't hurt us again on Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)